59

The words in the ear continued.

Luo Zhen's heart ached more and more.

"Xiao Ning can hear in her right ear, but there seems to be something wrong."

"Sometimes there are many customers eating, and the noise in the restaurant is loud. You can always see her right ear hurting."

"I also want to transfer her to the back kitchen, but her situation is really difficult."

"Hey..."

Another sigh came.

Luo Zhen's head went blank for a moment.

Her body seemed to be covered with ice and snow, and bursts of coolness penetrated into the flesh, flowed along the blood, and went straight to the limbs. The two arms hanging by the side, unknowingly, were in the biting cold air Trembling.

For no reason, she remembered the first time she came to Xiangchaxuan to find Ning Rou.

At that time, she also asked the proprietress if Ning Rou was married.

The answer given by the proprietress was no, and she also said that with Ning Rou's conditions, it would be difficult to find another partner.

Ning Rou's conditions? What conditions?

Luo Zhen always thought that the so-called 'poor conditions' meant that Ning Rou was illiterate, had no education, and was married once.

It wasn't until this time that she realized that those words were actually implying that

Ning Rou was deaf in her left ear and sick in her right ear. In the eyes of most people, this is undoubtedly equivalent to disability.

A disabled single mother with a daughter who has a heart attack and is not even four years old, who would consider marrying such a person?

As if being frightened awake from a dream, Luo Zhen's palms were covered in cold sweat.

She couldn't believe it.

How can she believe it?

After reuniting with Ning Rou, Ning Rou never talked to her about her ears.

Her heart was sore and aching, her two thin lips moved unconsciously, and every breath was filled with severe pain like tearing skin and bones.

Even on that autumn night when she was seventeen, she fell alone in a pool of blood in the stairwell, she had never been so desperate like this moment.

Desperate to the point that tears welled up in her eyes, but she herself didn't feel it.

How much has Ning Rou suffered in the past five years?

Thinking of the painkillers at home, and the calls that no one answered under the moon, her chest felt so heavy that it was difficult to breathe.

It hurts and hurts.

Even though it was daytime, the light in the room was extremely dark.

Luo Zhen's complexion was pale, and it was set off by the red on her lips, so she couldn't even see a trace of blood.

In her throat, there were many words she wanted to ask, but after a few minutes, she was still standing there quietly, and her tightly pressed thin lips did not even loosen.

Surrounded by darkness, the proprietress didn't notice that Luo Zhen's eyes were red, and she didn't know what the words she just said meant to Luo Zhen.

"I often persuade Xiao Ning to go to the hospital to see a doctor, but she always finds excuses to refuse."

"You are her friend and you are so kind to her. I think if you tell her, she will listen."

Ning Luo Zhen has read all of Rou's medical records in the past five years, and none of them are related to ears.

This is enough to show that Ning Rou has never been to the hospital for ear treatment.

Realizing this, her eyes became even more red.

The self-control that she was once proud of collapsed into a plate of useless loose sand without a sound.

She couldn't control her emotions, and she couldn't ignore the soreness in her heart. The moment she let out her lips, the pain that had been suppressed for a long time in her throat was like a flood unloading the gate. come out.

Even the voice was full of sorrowful tremors.

"Did she say, how did the ears get sick?"

A simple question took all of Luozhen's energy.

She didn't want to ask, but she had to.

Ning Rou is simple and never lies. When he came to the tea restaurant for an interview, he explained everything about himself.

It is precisely for this reason that the proprietress loves her so much and takes care of her.

When talking about the cause of her ear disease, the sympathy in the proprietress' eyes increased a bit.

"I heard from her that the ears were burnt because of the postpartum fever and not being treated in time."

A sentence full of regrets, the effect was comparable to a thunderbolt falling in the sky, and it exploded in Luozhen's ears. Destroy her world completely.

She had thought of countless possibilities in her mind, but she hadn't guessed that it would be because of this -

Ning Rou had a fever after giving birth, no one took care of her, she had no money, and she didn't dare to go to the hospital, just like that, her ears were burnt out up.

No wonder, no wonder Ning Rou is so afraid of fever, every time there is a slight sign of fever, she will immediately go to buy antipyretics.

Luozhen's head was about to burst in pain, the buzzing sound in his ears kept ringing, and his body began to tremble uncontrollably.

At this moment, she didn't even dare to think about how Ning Rou survived.

The pain on her face was so obvious that even the proprietress could see something was wrong.

"Miss Luo, are you okay?"

Luo Zhen's throat moved slightly, and after a long time, he shook his head and responded softly.

"I'm fine."

"Thank you for telling me this, I will take Rourou to the hospital for treatment."

"Please don't tell her about our conversation just now, can you?" A

very sincere request.

The proprietress agreed without thinking too much.

After leaving the tea restaurant, it was only eleven o'clock.

The sun in the sky is so big, but Luozhen's heart is so cold.

She stood alone by the side of the road, facing the scorching sun, and stood in a daze for half an hour.

It wasn't until the skin and flesh all over his body began to heat up and ache that he finally covered his face and cried out silently.

***

Working in a sugar shop is much easier than working in a tea restaurant.

Compared with Jiang Rong, Song Fu spoke a lot less.

She has a more stable and careful personality, and she can easily find out when Ning Rou needs help, and she can always lend a helping hand in time to solve Ning Rou's difficulties.

The two of them just got along for a whole morning, and their relationship became much closer.

Because it is the first time to go to work, the two have to stay in the store for a full day, and they can't ask for leave in between.

From one to two noon is the lunch break.

Song Fu sat resting in front of the counter, while Ning Rou stood alone at the door of the store.

It looked like he was waiting for someone.

But until two o'clock, no one came in.

Didn't you say that you will come to see yourself at noon?

Ning Rou put her hand on the glass door, and unconsciously frowned.

It's only been one morning, and she has already started thinking about Luo Zhen.

She seldom called Luo Zhen, but at this moment, she took out her mobile phone from her pocket by accident, and pressed the string of numbers marked as [1] in the address book.

The string of numbers that represented Luozhen had long been memorized by her heart.

Unfortunately, the phone didn't connect.

The beeping sound went on for ten seconds, but still no one answered.

Ning Rou released the phone from her ear, stared at the screen of the phone, and soon made another call.

However, still no response.

Luo Zhen won't answer her call, what happened?

Something happened to the company? Or something happened to the Luo family?

Ning Rou was a little worried, but didn't know what to do.

Her heart was a little confused and a little scared.

Afraid that something would happen to Luo Zhen, and also afraid that Luo Zhen would just leave her like this.

This feeling is very tormenting, like walking on a steel cable at a height of thousands of meters, even the heart is tightly suspended, and there is no moment to relax.

It turns out that the feeling of being left behind without a word is so uncomfortable.

Thinking of how during those five years, Luo Zhen spent every day in such pain and suffering, the guilt in Ning Rou's heart suddenly became stronger.

She wants to make it up, but doesn't know how.

It's like a child who accidentally broke a vase, looking at the debris scattered all over the floor, but even picking it up, he doesn't know which piece to start with.

Just when I was blaming myself, my phone vibrated.

Ning Rou looked back and found that it was Luo Zhen calling, and immediately pressed the connect button.

"Alo~"

She didn't ask anything, just called 'Alo'.

The woman on the other end of the phone heard the soft call and was silent for a minute or two before she let go of her lips and said 'hmm' in a low voice.

"I have something to do with the company, so I didn't see you at noon."

Luo Zhen's voice was normal, and his tone was as calm as usual.

Ning Rou didn't notice anything unusual.

Being able to hear Luo Zhen's voice was enough to calm her heart from restlessness.

"The company's matters are important."

"I'm here, everything is fine, the master treats me very well, Xiao Song also treats me very well, you don't have to worry about me."

Luozhen's voice was still soft and soft. My heart ached.

She wanted to say something, but didn't know what to say.

Before she knew it, her throat was sore and congested, which made her heart feel an urge to cry again.

She never knew that she was such a cowardly person.

At this moment, she was clearly standing not far from the Tangshui shop, but she didn't even have the courage to go into the shop to take a look at Ning Rou.

She feels pain.

Can't even speak.

Ning Rou still didn't realize that Luo Zhen was strange from this long period of dullness.

The look on her face was relaxed, and there was a hint of joy and expectation hidden in her voice.

She misses Rozen.

She wanted to see Luo Zhen.

"Can you come at night, at night?"

"We can pick up the baby from school together."

It was rare to hear such an intimate invitation from Ning Rou.

Luo Zhen couldn't help having a sore nose, and his heart was terribly uncomfortable.

She wanted to agree, but the two words she uttered were rejection.

"Sorry."

How could she dare to see Ning Rou now?

She has no courage.

Just hearing Ning Rou's voice, she couldn't help crying.

"It's okay."

"Don't say sorry."

"I'm not angry."

Although she felt a little disappointed, Ning Rou didn't express this emotion.

She is still in a good mood.

Because Luo Zhen didn't intend to leave her.

This realization reassured her.

It also reminded her of Luo Zhen's previous words -

planning for the future.

Maybe it's time for her to make plans for the future.

At 5:10 in the afternoon, Ning Rou came out of the Tangshui shop and went to the kindergarten alone to pick up her daughter.

Luo Zhen didn't come, Ning Baobao looked a little disappointed.

Seeing this, Ning Rou took the initiative to explain.

"Auntie has to deal with work, so she didn't come with mother."

Ning Baobao was relieved now, and a little smile finally appeared on his little face.

Thinking about it, like Ning Rou at noon, she was afraid that Luo Zhen would just leave.

After the mother and daughter came out of the kindergarten, instead of going home immediately, they went to a small clinic nearby.

This is a health center in the county. It is very small and simple. The doctor who attends the consultation is an old man in his fifties or sixties who knows a little about all kinds of diseases.

Because there is no need to register, Ning Rou always comes here to buy medicine every time she feels unwell.

For the hospital, she is still afraid after all.

After standing at the door for a long time with Baby Ning in his arms, he walked in boldly.

Her left ear was completely deaf, and the hearing in her right ear was also gradually declining.

The old doctor asked some basic questions, and after confirming the symptoms, he didn't even prescribe any medicine, so he directly advised Ning Rou to go to a big hospital for an otoscopy as soon as possible, so he must not waste any more time.

Obviously, Ning Rou's right ear can't be dragged anymore.

For this result, Ning Rou already had a bottom line in her heart.

Her expression was extremely calm, without any panic.

It wasn't until he turned his head and looked at Ning Baobao who was sitting quietly in the corner, that his lips were slightly pursed.

Just like when they came, the mother and daughter left soon.

And Luo Zhen never showed up.

In the evening, Ning Rou left her daughter at home and went to work in the bar by herself.

Three hours passed in the blink of an eye.

At half past eleven, she returned to the old hospital on time.

No one knew what kind of turmoil her heart had experienced throughout the night.

Rozen taught her to plan for the future.

She listened to this sentence.

Being curable means going to a regular hospital.

When Zhou Ruhong let her go eight years ago, she once said that she should not register her identity information anywhere, especially not to leave medical records in the formal hospital system.

Otherwise, Zhou Ruguang would be able to catch her out of hundreds of millions of people in less than a day.

How dare she go to the hospital?

After taking a shower and coming out of the bathroom in a nightgown, she still didn't know what to do.

In this case, there is only one way to heal the ear, no matter how you think about it——

to ask Luozhen for help.

Ning Rou was lying on the bed, the room was pitch black, but she couldn't fall asleep no matter what.

Baby Ning in her arms slept soundly in the cool breeze of the air conditioner.

Time passed by every minute and every second, and it was twelve o'clock after a while.

Ning Rou turned over, her eyes were still open.

For some reason, she thought of Luo Zhen again.

It's been a whole day and I haven't seen Luo Zhen.

In the evening, Luo Zhen didn't call her either.

The more you think about it, the clearer your mind becomes.

In the end, it was total insomnia.

He took out his cell phone from under the pillow and saw that it was half past twelve.

Ning Rou's heart was a little dry and anxious, tossing and turning, not knowing what was wrong with her.

She wanted to see Luo Zhen, very much.

After hesitating for several minutes, he finally couldn't hold back and called Luo Zhen.

She knew that Luo Zhen must be working overtime, so she definitely wouldn't go to bed so early.

Just as she guessed, the call was connected in less than three seconds.

This time, she was still the first to speak.

"Ah Luo, are you working overtime?"

Luo Zhen was still the same as during the day, and it took a long time before he gave an answer.

"No."

"Why are you calling me so late?"

Ning Rou bit her lip, turned over again, her face was buried in her hair, and a layer of red was silently covered.

She remembered what Luo Zhen had said to herself before, and her heart beat faster for no reason.

Before he could react, he repeated the words.

"Nothing."

"Just wanted to hear your voice."

In the exact same words, every word hides a timid love and longing.

With such an obvious hint, I almost said the words "I miss you" directly.

Surprised that she said such explicit words, Ning Rou's face turned redder, her five fingers lost strength for a moment, and she almost couldn't even hold the phone.

She was waiting for Luozhen to respond, but what she heard was the sound of the phone hanging up.

Logan hung up the phone.

This surprised her and made her heart start to panic.

Just when he was wondering whether he had done something wrong, there was a rush of footsteps outside the house, and then there was a knock on the door of the room.

Ning Rou put down her phone, her heart beating fast.

She knew that the person outside must be Luo Zhen.

It can only be Logan.

However, why did Luo Zhen go upstairs immediately? Could it be that she has been guarding downstairs all this time?

Ning Rou groped in the dark, without even wearing shoes, she walked to the door step by step with bare feet, and opened the door.

Inside the house, it is dark; outside the house, it is also dark.

She couldn't see the woman's face outside the door, but she heard a slight gasp and the faint scent of citrus mixed in the sultry air.

That was the smell of Rozen.

She will not forget, nor will she.

The door was half open, and the woman stood at the door without entering the room.

Ning Rou raised her head, and could only glimpse a delicate outline from the darkness. Before she could open her mouth, the woman's cold fingertips brushed aside her hair, and landed on her ears silently.

It's still the left ear that can't hear the sound.

She couldn't see anything, and in this dark night, she could only catch her lover's voice with her right ear.

She heard a muffled cry.

In just a second, she guessed——

Luozhen, she knew that she couldn't hear.

The author has something to say: I really want to write faster, but these two chapters can't be too fast, it's not Kawen, it's just so difficult to write, it takes a little time to figure out the characters, after this period, it should be better Thank you

for the little angel who voted for me to overlord or irrigate the nutrient solution during 2021-08-30 01:20:45~2021-08-31 02:35:57~

Thank you for the little angel who cast the shallow water bomb: yes

Thank you for the little angel who threw the rocket launcher: 15702129 1 piece; thank

you for the little angel who threw the grenade: pHoton 1 piece;

thank you for the little angel who threw the mine: a big happy, Zhao Buxiong, Du Zn 1 Thank you to the little angels who

irrigate the nutrient solution: 40 bottles of 53772302; 20 bottles of 50023340; sirfisher, um, flowers fall and bloom, climb the wall and come back, 10 bottles of Ah Fan; Mo Lijin, Yuan Wei, Xiao Yang, Xi 5 bottle; Hungry Meow, Shijiu, nnnice, Yu Fengmian 1 bottle;

thank you very much for your support, I will continue to work hard!