96

Xu Xian's hand was on the doorknob, and she didn't let go.

Luo Zhen saw her guard and took the initiative to reveal her identity.

"Just say, Luo Zhen has something to look for her."

Luo Zhen?

Miss Ning's lover - Luo Zhen?

Surprise flashed across Xu Xian's face, she was stunned for a while before she nodded, turned around and went into the room to call for someone.

Pei Yi was sitting on the bed, with two slender legs sticking out from under the skirt, her bare skin was as white as jade, except for the circle of her right ankle, which was covered with red lotion, which was very conspicuous.

Seeing Xu Xian coming in empty-handed, she couldn't help being a little confused.

"Who's outside?"

"It's Miss Luo. She said that she needs to find you."

Only from Luo Zhen's indifferent tone when she spoke, Xu Xian could guess that there was a quarrel between her and Pei Yi.

Sure enough, just as she guessed, the moment she heard the word 'Miss Luo', Pei Yi's expression changed instantly, and the white gauze in her hand fell to the ground and rolled into a ball.

Like in panic, like in fear.

The huge room quickly fell into silence.

The confusion in Xu Xian's heart deepened a bit.

"What's wrong?"

Pei Yi held her breath and shook her head.

"It's nothing."

The mistakes he made when he was young were enough to sever the relationship between the former friends.

Obviously, Pei Yi did not expect that Luo Zhen would come to the hotel to find her in person.

Is it for Ning Rou?

Today, the only person who can make the two of them meet again is Ning Rou.

Logan stood outside and waited.

Five minutes later, Pei Yi appeared on crutches.

The moment their eyes met, there was a chill between Luo Zhen's brows.

As for Pei Yi, her cheeks were already pale.

For no reason, she remembered what Ning Baobao said.

The phrase "Practice hard, so that you can play the piano with Luo Zhen in the future."

Her left hand was hanging by her waist, her right hand was holding on to the crutch, and her ten fingertips began to tremble again.

The sense of guilt and regret in her heart hit her at the same time, like a surging tide, beating and rolling layer by layer until she was completely submerged.

She subconsciously wanted to escape.

As if frightened, her legs retreated hastily in panic, but she forgot that her right leg was injured.

If it wasn't for Xu Xian's fast enough reaction, she might have fallen to the ground by now.

Luo Zhen saw this scene in his eyes, and immediately frowned—

Pei Yi's reaction was so strange.

Even if she didn't expect her to come, she wouldn't be so frightened.

She didn't speak, her face was still cold, her pair of beautiful eyes were coldly staring at Pei Yi's pale face, as if she was looking at a stranger.

The atmosphere is vaguely wrong.

In the end, Pei Yi spoke first.

"Go to the coffee shop downstairs and talk about it."

As soon as she finished speaking, she turned her head to look at Xu Xian, and whispered something.

"Lunch, you can eat first."

"Don't wait for me."

Hearing these two words, Xu Xian moved her lips slightly, and immediately let go of the hand that was supporting Pei Yi's right arm.

"it is good."

Luo Zhen walked in front, Pei Yi followed, and after a while, they entered the elevator together.

Xu Xian stood at the door of the room, watching quietly until the two of them disappeared, and then returned to the room alone.

***

It was approaching noon, and there were very few customers in the cafe.

The sunlight outside the window was bright and warm, but so dazzling.

Xu Shi didn't know how to face the woman in front of her. After entering the store, Pei Yi kept her head down.

A person who is naturally proud and full of self-confidence will never show such a mournful side in front of others unless he has suffered an extremely serious blow.

Even Luo Zhen noticed that she was different from the last time we met.

Surrounded by the unique alluring bitter aroma of coffee.

Luo Zhen lowered his eyes, and the spoon on his fingertips stirred gently in the cup.

It wasn't until the heat floating in the air dissipated that she stopped her movements, raised her eyes abruptly, and put her gaze back on the silent Pei Yi.

"How much do you know about Ning Rou?"

The question was straight to the point, short and straightforward.

Pei Yi's heart trembled slightly, and her two hands on her knees were clasped together uncomfortably. After a while, she mustered up the courage to look at the cold woman opposite.

"You know everything?"

Luo Zhen's eyes were still cold.

Only when Ning Rou was mentioned, his tone softened.

"Yes, Rourou told me everything."

When confronted face to face, she really should speak clearly.

A trace of shame flashed across Pei Yi's face. This time, she finally didn't hide anything and told everything she knew.

Just the first sentence completely shocked Luo Zhen——

"Ning Rou's mother is probably not dead."

Ning Rou was born after Zhou Ruguang joined Pei's family. At least at that time, Ning Rou's mother did not die of illness as he said.

A few days ago, in order to get the letter of guarantee, Pei Yi designed to open the safe at home, and Pei Xuan saw a necklace inside.

Although the workmanship of the necklace is fine, the style is very old, and the chain in the middle is broken. It looks like something from decades ago.

Perhaps influenced by Pei Yi's words, Pei Xuan paid more attention to this matter. After a few days, she really saw Zhou Ruguang secretly take out the necklace.

If I guessed right, it should have been sent to a gold shop for repairs.

After the necklace was taken away, it was never taken back, most likely it was repaired and then sent out.

Intuition told Pei Yi that this necklace was for Ning Rou's mother.

Before coming to Yuanxiang this time, she had sent someone to investigate Zhou Ruguang's whereabouts, but unfortunately, nothing was found.

"He goes on business trips every month. I asked people to check the hotels and places he has stayed in other places in recent years, but he still couldn't find Ning Rou's mother."

Pei Yi's expression was annoyed and blamed herself.

It can be seen that the father-daughter relationship between her and Zhou Ruguang has already cracked.

Luo Zhen's brows were furrowed tightly, and the brows were full of doubts.

"You're investigating this matter not just for Ning Rou's sake, right?"

At this point, there's no need to cover up any more.

Pei Yi nodded and admitted the statement.

"Yes, I need to find evidence of his infidelity to my mother, so that he can break away from the Pei family."

Luo Zhen was startled when he heard the sound, and quickly understood what this sentence implied.

Once what Zhou Ruguang did secretly is made public, it will not only affect his personal image, but also affect the Pei family.

Pei Yi wanted to report Zhou Ruguang, the first thing she had to do was to ask him to divorce Pei Xuan.

In such a dilemma, it is not difficult to understand the desire to preserve the family's reputation.

Luo Zhen's complexion became a little calmer.

"He is your father. As I remember, your relationship has always been very good." The

two knew each other when they were young, and they were not ignorant of each other's family situation.

Like Xu Xian, Luo Zhen couldn't understand Pei Yi's behavior.

"You told Rourou that you would report Zhou Ruguang. Is this true or not? If you just said these good things to make Rourou happy to relieve your guilt, then there seems to be no difference between you and Zhou Ruguang. "

Luo Zhen guessed that he didn't show any affection.

There was no blood on Pei Yi's cheeks, and even her lips were extremely pale.

She knew why Luo Zhen didn't trust herself.

She was not angry, and she had no right to be angry.

This is one of the prices she paid for the mistakes she made back then.

"If it was a lie, I wouldn't be sitting here now."

"My mother, my brother, and I don't know about the fact that he imprisoned Ning Rou. He lied to all of us."

"After knowing this Before the incident, I thought he was a good father, and I thought we had a good relationship, but in fact, he never really regarded me as a daughter."

"In his eyes, I was a tool to show off to the outside world. As for My mother may just be a rich daughter who is easy to deceive."

"As early as half a month ago, I couldn't play the piano with my hands, but in order to please those investors, he refused to let me cancel the concert. If It's not that my right leg is injured, he won't let me leave Haishi at all."

Complaints one after another, drilled into the ears along the cold wind.

Luo Zhen was startled, and within half a second, he grasped the key words in it.

"Investors? What investors?"

Pei Yi's eyes turned red, and without even thinking about it, she announced six names.

"It's the investor behind that project. Back then, Ning Rou was released by his aunt, and the experiment was forced to stop, which brought great losses to those six companies, and his career was also affected. For this concert, he invited Those six people participated."

Except for Pei Li, none of the Pei family had any experience with shopping malls.

The identities of those six people are also half-knowledgeable.

Logan was different from them.

After eight years in the business world, just hearing these six names appearing together, she already knew that it was far more difficult to solve this matter than she imagined.

No wonder Ning Rou said that no matter how much she called to report, it was useless.

Before he knew it, Luo Zhen's palms were wet with cold sweat.

Her thoughts hadn't completely calmed down yet, and Pei Yi's voice came from the air again.

"Here, I have obtained some evidence of his illegal experiments."

"As long as I find Ning Rou's mother, I will let my mother divorce him."

"At that time, I will send him to prison with my own hands."

This idea , too simple and naive.

Luo Zhen pursed her red lips tightly, her complexion was solemn.

She didn't raise her head until the surroundings were quiet again.

"As far as I know, your second brother Pei Li's company has had business cooperation with the companies of these six people over the years."

"Project investment must involve capital exchanges. Since the experiment has been suspended, in order to prevent future troubles, those people Definitely legalize the accounts."

"Your second brother's company is the best channel to write off accounts."

Pei Yi didn't understand business matters, and she was stunned for a long time before realizing that there was another layer of meaning hidden in Luo Zhen's words.

She couldn't believe her ears, and moved her lips several times before she asked what was in her throat.

"You mean, he used second brother's company to destroy criminal evidence?"

Luo Zhen pursed his lips, but did not give an affirmative answer.

"I can only say that there is a possibility, and it is very likely."

No wonder Zhou Ruguang always asked Pei Li about the company.

Pei Yi's ears kept buzzing.

She couldn't figure out how there could be people like Zhou Ruguang in this world who spread

rumors about the death of his ex-wife, imprisoned his own daughter, cheated on his current wife, and used his son's company to destroy evidence for himself.

She was so horrified that her back couldn't help trembling, and a cold sweat fell down her forehead.

Luo Zhen saw the change in her face, and her expression changed slightly.

"Things are not as easy as you think."

"Even if you report Zhou Ruguang, Rourou will not be free. If the truth is revealed, the six companies will not let her go.

" People—all report together."

The author has something to say: If the scum daddy is crazy to

protect Rourou, we still have to rely on Mr. Luo

to take action. Thank you at 2021-10-01 20:43:59~2021-10-04 00 :13:58 During the period, I voted for the little angel who voted for the overlord or the irrigation nutrient solution~

Thanks to the little angel who voted for the rocket launcher: GWTD*i 1;

thanks to the little angel who cast the grenade: 1 hand-held fan;

Thanks to the little angels who threw the landmines: Mo Lan and Xiao Zha 1;

thanks to the little angels who irrigated the nutrient solution: 38 bottles of Jiulanshu; Qingqing and Yanye 20 bottles; Rate Zhiwan, Cupche, Yuwen, Xu Jiaqi's girlfriend outside the circle, swan meat, Tian Fuzhen's super cute, 47727190, 10 bottles of style; ice cream is very silky 7 bottles; I like kittens, 36405183, 5 bottles of box box box box; Youyue 4 bottles; Jiang Yu 3 bottles ; 46946391, 6666, one day I will become a great god, and after waking up, I got rich 2 bottles