Chapter 4: The Plan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prison, Port Royal - Not Long After - Daytime

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will and Artemis made their way to the prison, discussing briefly what they would do and what they would say before they were stopped by a guard. The redhead recognized it as the man who she saved his life last night and he seemed to recognize her as well. His right hand was bandaged but he seemed to have no trouble moving it.

"I am afraid you cannot enter," he said in his young voice, proving to be not much older than her.

Will was about to say something or knock the man unconscious but she placed her hand on his shoulder and took a step forward, showing him that she would handle this. When it came to talking, she was better at it than him...when her anger did not take the best out of her.

"We know but we only wish to visit," she said with a small smile, trying her best to be persuasive.

"Visits are not allowed"

She frowned faintly. "For others, maybe but you can see that we have no intention of doing anything even if we could. We just want to see the pirate before he is hanged" She gave a fake smile, trying to look as innocent as she could be.

"You are the woman who saved my life last night" he finally realised, unaware of her true identity considering she was dressed in dirty men's clothing and was carrying a sword.

She did not blame him for everyone had only seen her dressed in expensive dresses and always clean, composed and a proper lady. They would never allow themselves to connect that perfect view of a noblewoman to the wild peasant redhead that was, ironically, her true self.

Will looked confused between those two but stayed quiet, letting her continue. If she could earn them access without getting violent, he was not going to stop her.

"Indeed. Allow me to say I am glad you are okay" she said with a soft smile. "Both of us be after those nasty pirates attacked us" she continued, faintly hinting at the fact that he did leave her on her own to deal with the two men.

The soldier was hesitant for a moment but he let out a sigh and stepped to the side, having been defeated by her well-chosen words and acting. "A few minutes only and please, don't tell anyone"

"Thank you" Artemis smiled at him as she pulled Will inside, choosing not to waste any more time.

She would have used her title as the Governor's adopted daughter but preferred not to unless she had to of course. This would draw unnecessary attention and she didn't want that. The fact that the soldier didn't know her, meant that he was young and freshly recruited, which would mean that they had more time to put the plan into motion before anyone would suspect anything.

Plus, they were so busy trying to form a plan and control the situation that they would barely notice any major change. It was on that, she counted most and deep down she hoped that any Deity out there would help them.

"What just happened?" Will asked as they climbed down the stairs.

"Last night, I was on my way to find you when this soldier was about to be killed by two Pirates. I stepped in and earned him time so he could get to safety"

"I see," Will said as the two reached the prison floor; a small path that had empty cells left and right.

The only one occupied was the one Jack was in it. There was a hole in the wall that led to a cell which had prisoners in it but they escaped from the newly created wall. It was quite sad that his luck was to a point she couldn't even call bad.