Chapter 18: Secret Plans & Hidden Motives

Port, Tortuga - Morning - The Next Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The very next day, our three heroes were walking back to the Black Pearl as it was being loaded with all the necessities for the trip. They didn't get the souls they needed so the Captain was deep in thought and was trying to find another plan to save his skin. After all, one day was gone and he was left with 2 more which seemed to be closer than he wanted them to be.

"Captain Sparrow?" a young male voice reached their ears and Artemis narrowed her eye at the familiarity of the voice.

"Come to join me crew, lad? Welcome aboard" Jack said as the three of them stopped and turned slightly to look at the young man.

"I'm here to find the man I love"

"I'm deeply flattered, son, but my first and only love is the sea" he replied but showed some uneasiness as he indicated to Gibbs to get the 'lad' away from them.

In the background, Norrington was throwing up into the bay and Artemis looked at him for a moment with some pity and sadness in her eyes. She never truly was on perfect terms with James, but they had a common past and seeing him being changed so much was a hard pill to swallow; especially after learning what happened to him.

He held pride in his title, fighting hard to make his title a Commodore since he had no fancy background or any help. It was his skills and his talents which helped him all the way and now he had lost everything. He was at a point where he drank himself to sleep and puked everything out the next morning.

"Meaning William Turner, Captain Sparrow," the lad said in a very familiar voice, snapping the redhead from her thought and causing a smile to appear on her rosy lips as she turned fully and saw the face of the woman, she called sister.

"Elizabeth? /Liz" she and Jack exclaimed with completely different tones.

Artemis wasted no time to hug the woman, who returned the action while Jack turned to Gibbs. "Hide the rum," he told him and gave Gibbs the bottle of rum he was carrying, allowing the first mate to take it with him on the ship. Then he turned his attention to the two women, who pulled back from one another. "You know these clothes do not flatter you at all. It should be a dress or nothing. I happen to have no dress in my cabin"

"Jack. I know Will came to find you, where is he?" Elizabeth asked him.

"Darling, I am truly unhappy to have to tell you this, but through an unfortunate and entirely unforeseeable series of circumstances that had nothing whatsoever to do with me, poor Will has been press-ganged into Davy Jones's Crew"

"Davy Jones?" Elizabeth questioned and Artemis bit the inside of her cheek, hating to lie somehow to her but at that moment, she was not sure how much more she could say considering the volatile character of her younger sister and the clock racing against them.

"Oh, please. The Captain of the Flying Dutchman?" Norrington commented on his small break from constantly emptying his stomach, looking at them through dirty brown bangs of hair that fell on his face.

"It's true James. He is real. I saw him" Artemis said as she turned her attention to him but the man simply rolled his eyes before puking again.

"You look bloody awful, what are you doing here?" Jack asked him.

"You hired me. I can't help it if your standards are lax" he replied as he lifted his head to look at the Captain.

"You smell funny"

"Jack!" Elizabeth called his name and drew his attention while the redhead shook her head at the childish behaviour of the two men. "All I want is to find Will"