Chapter 28: Secret Deals & 'Old Friends'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unknown Location, Middle of the Caribbean - On top of the Black Pearl - Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were brought back to the pearl and the first thing they saw once they were on it, was Sao Feng and his men. Their crew was at gunpoint as well, leaving them with no choice but to play along.

Barbossa decided to be the one to approach the Pirate Captain, Artemis staying not that far behind him. She kept eyeing the men around her, not failing to notice the guns pointed at her head as well.

"Sao Feng, you showing up here, 'tis truly a remarkable coincidence'" Barbossasaid but the man had his eyes on someone else.

"Jack Sparrow, you paid me great insult once," Sao Feng said, noticing the said Pirate among the crowd.

"That doesn't sound like me," Jack said in his usual tone but this time, he couldn't escape, and the Pirate Lord of Singapore punched him in the nose. Sparrow held his nose and slowly fixed it, his brown eyes never leaving him. "Shall we just call it square, then?" he asked, trying to play it all cool.

Out of the blue, Will pushed some men to the side and came forward. His eyes were on Elizabeth and Artemis with the former having her hands tied by ropes. "Release her. She is not part of the bargain"

"And what bargain be that?" Barbossa and Artemis asked at the same time, narrowing their eyes at Will.

They wouldn't be surprised if Will had turned out to have made a deal behind their backs. Artemis would feel slightly proud since that was the pirate way but the fact that he had kept her to the dark once again...that wasn't settling right within her. Let alone that the last time he made a bargain or tried, with Barbossa, the said pirate took advantage of the loopholes in their little deal.

Will simply did not have it within him to make proper deals, thinking too rationally and not considering all the options or the smallest of details that existed in a detail. Especially in a detail made with notorious and sneaky Pirate Lords.

Sao Feng smirked, already seeing the tensions rising amongst our heroes. "You heard Captain Turner. Release them"

"Captain Turner?" Jack repeated, tasting the word with a sourness in his voice.

"Aye, the perfidious rotter led a mutiny against us" Gibbs pointed out, equally annoyed and angry.

"Why am I not surprised?" Artemis added, not sure how to feel exactly about that.

Will was her childhood friend and she trusted him but she did not like people doing things behind her back. Especially without letting her know at least. It was ironic, how when they started their little trip to save Elizabeth, Will shared every plan with her and now...he didn't.

"I need the ship to free my father. That's the only reason I came on this voyage" Will explained, causing the redhead to let out a sigh.

She should have seen it coming, his father being the only thing on his mind since he found out the truth. She didn't blame him since she would be equally obsessed if it was her father to share such a fate.

"Why didn't you tell me you were planning this?" Elizabeth asked, betrayal visible on her face.

"It was my burden to bear" he replied, using her own words.

It was clear that their relationship had been strained, especially after the incident with Jack, now clearer than ever. Both looked at each other, equally hurt but prioritized their own needs at that moment, not thinking of saving their love for one another.