Chapter 16

•–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––•

"Are you feeling okay? Has the anesthetic worn off yet?" Mary asked. Just before [M/N] could answer, the doctor walked in holding a clipboard and interrupting their conversation.

"Hey [M/N], how are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling alright."

"That's good to hear! Now both of your surgery went well. No complications had occurred so you should be able to recover quickly." The doctor flipped through the paper that ere on the clipboard and pulled out a pen. "Are you feeling any pain?" She said looking at the clipboard and then looking at [M/N] waiting for him to respond.

"Did you say both of my surgeries?" He asked. He was confused about why he had two surgeries instead of one. He thought he was only having top surgery, so what was the other surgery that was done?

"Yes, you had two surgeries."

"Why?" Was the only thing [M/N] could say. He was stunned, Why did I have two surgeries when I wanted one? What was the other surgery that I had? Why did they operate on me again?. All thoughts raced through his mind.

"Well, you got the one you wanted done and during that surgery the surgeon noticed your shoulder looked wrong and decided to fiz it for you, free of charge." The doctor informed. [M/N] looked over at Mary who was stunned.

"Oh, do you know how bad my shoulder was?"

"Ah yes! The surgeon who did the surgery said it was pretty bad and if he hadn't stepped in, your shoulder would've destroyed itself especially with the intense choreography you're doing. He also said your shoulder mostly likely would have dislocated at some point during this tour."

[M/N] knew his shoulder was bad but didn't know it was that bad. At first he was angry about having two surgery's without his consent but he's glad that the surgeon did it otherwise he would have worried the fans and would've gotten in huge trouble with the company for keeping such thing a secret.

He thanked the doctor when she finally left.

"Wow... My shoulder was that bad? Well that explains the extreme discomfort and pain." He sighs.

"We should have gotten it checked out months ago and you should have told the company! How will you explain this?! You leave completely fine and then you return with your arm in a abduction sling!" Mary scolds. She was right, how is he supposed to explain this? He's meant to join with the others after his break but now he can't.

"I don't know! It's not my fault, I wasn't planning on getting shoulder surgery! They did it without my consent!" [M/N] defends. Mary sighs.

"I know it's not your fault but you still should've told the company, they would've done something sooner and then you wouldn't be in the situation. [M/N] you need to start telling people when you're hurting, so things like this wont happen." [M/N] stayed quiet. He knows it's pointless to argue over this. There's nothing they can do to change what had happened. Mary also realised it was pointless so she stayed silent. As much as she hated this tense silence and the feeling to break it, she decided not to make it worse.

Knock Knock 

"Can I come in?"

Their head's turned to the door, "Yeah you can come in." Mary answered. When the door opened [M/N] eyes widened.

•–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––•
If you have any questions for the Q&A please put them in the comments!

~ Author-Nim out 🫡