Chapter 22

•––––––––––––––––––––––––––––•
TW: Mentions of Violence and Sexual Assault/Abuse ! If you're not comfortable with reading with the above, you don't have too and I will see you in the next chapter!
•––––––––––––––––––––––––––––•
(May 2019)

[M/N]'s Pov

"We will take care of your son" My ass! Not even a week after I became a trainee I was immediately put on an strict diet. I'm only allowed to eat one meal a day and that is usually breakfast. They took my phone so I'm not able to contact my parents at all. Apparently I will get it back once I pass the monthly evaluation but I heard it will only be for a short time and it will be supervised.

The hours we spend awake is disgusting. Not to mention the extra and unnecessary hours we put in. By the time we get to bed it's nearing four am and we are required to wake up by seven and be at the company at eight. That means we're running on two to three hours of sleep from monday through saturday. Sunday is the only day we get off to relax. I don't do anything on that day except sleep, too exhausted to do anything.

-

(June 2019)

It's been a month since I became a trainee. It's been a bit of a struggle to get into the new rotation but I'll manage. The monthly evaluation was yesterday. I think I did a good job. I had to rap, dance and sing. I know I definitely did well in dance and definitely did terribly in rap. I'm not sure about my singing, I think it's alright. It was entertaining watching people do their evaluations but I felt so bad for them. They have been here much longer than I have and is trying their hardest to improve and prove they deserve to debut.

I've spoken too a few people and they were very nice to me. I found out I'm the second youngest one here. I'm currently 17 and everyone is either 16,18 or 19. It's surprising there's no one here who's under the age of 15.

-

(July 2019)

Two months since I became a trainee and I think I'm starting to get sick. I'm finding it difficult to get out bed in the mornings. I'm feeling unwell and tired all the time and my body aches all over. My diet definitely doesn't not help but that's something I can't control. Some of the nicer trainees have asked if I was doing okay, I told them I was fine and not to worry and to just focus on improving themselves but I can tell some still worry for me.

-

(August 2019)

Three months since I became a trainee. I've made a few improvements in my singing. My voice is much more stable so I'm now able to sing more while I dance. My breath control is very good now. It's just enough that I'm able to pass the evaluations.

For the first time I'm thankful today is sunday as it's finally my birthday! Despite feeling very unwell for the past month, I've gained a little bit of strength and went out and celebrated it with my family. It was very nice seeing them for the first time since I left. It's safe to say that I've missed them dearly.

-

(September 2019)

Four months since I became a trainee. I still feel very unwell. So far I've fainted once during our dance lesson and the teacher gave me the day off to rest but I refused to rest and continued with the lesson. There's no way in hell I'm letting this sickness get in the way of my dream. I've worked so hard to make it this far and I'm giving up even if it kills me.

Two days ago I fainted again but this time it was during our vocal lesson. It happened so quickly! One second I was singing and the next I was in my bed. When I woke up I asked one of the trainees what had happened but he ran off then came back with JYP and another person who I don't think I've seen around the company..