Chapter 23

•––––––––––––––––––––––––––––•

(April 2021 current)

Even though Seong-Jin can no longer touch and see me, I still see him everyday. No, I don't visit him at all. I found everytime I'm alone, especially in my room, he will appear. Luckily I have another person sharing the bedroom so I'm not alone for too long. He does show up in my dreams and continues what he did to me but I'm seeing someone who can help me get rid of him.

I've been told it may take some time for him to fully leave me alone and to keep using the coping mechanisms that I've been given. Every Time he shows up, I have to write down the time and place. He hasn't shown up for a week and i'm happy.

My dance teacher had told me this morning that he was wanting to speak with him privately so I went to his office straight away and when I got there he told me he had a surprise for me and to follow him. So here I am sitting outside of a meeting room, waiting for JYP who is currently inside talking with my surprise? Twenty minutes later the door opens and a strange man pops his head out.

"[M/N] you may come in." I stand up and walk to the door. The man opens it a bit more to let me in. It was silent. I immediately noticed Chris, the person who was in my room with jyp when I was sick last year. I thought jyp was going to talk to me about what happened with Seong-Jin so I wonder what he's doing here. Perhaps he knows Seong-Jin personally?

"[M/N] it's nice to see you! How are you after what happened?" Jyp asks.

"Fine I guess.." He gives me a sympathetic smile while the other two people in the room look a little confused, obviously not understanding what we were talking about. So Chris doesn't know who Seong-Jin is..

"We're not going to talk about that today as that's not the reason why I wanted you here." He clapped his hands to bring everyone's attention to him.

"[M/N] before the incident with Seong-Jin, you were doing very well. From what I was told you were one of the top trainees and you were constantly improving everyday which shows me that you are willing to work hard and show off your skills but after the incident you were somewhat lacking in certain areas though those areas are slowly improving which is a good sign but.. the one area that doesn't seem to be improving is your confidence" I nod knowing he's right.

"What I'm going to say next has nothing to do with what happened to you because I feel bad for you, no, I'm saying this because I see your potential and the perfect opportunity is here." He turns to Chris and he steps forward.

"I know we've briefly met before but let me introduce myself properly.. Hello I'm Bang Chan, the leader of Stray Kids and I would like you [M/N] to join us!" He smiles warmly. I stare blankly at him trying to process what he just said.

"Why?" I said after a while, confused why he wanted me to join.

"Why not?" He shrugged. I huff with a little annoyance.

"So [M/N] are you going to accept the offer?"

"Can you give me some time to think about it?"

"Sure. When you have made a decision, come to me and I'll relay your answer to Bang Chan."Jyp said. I gave him a small smile and nodded and made my way to the door. Just before I opened it Bang Chan spoke.

"[M/N] please think carefully about this. You have so much potential going for you."

"I will! Thank you for this opportunity." I bow and leave the room.

-
(The middle of April 2021)

I thought about the opportunity for a week and decided to accept it. I was considering of declining as I really didn't want to disturb the chemistry between the group but if the leader asked me himself, who am I to say no?

I told Jyp my answer two days ago and has yet to receive an answer back.

"Hey [M/N]-ah the big boss wants to see you." Won-Shik said. Won-Shik is the other person who shares the bedroom with me. We weren't close in the beginning but after what happened he started spending more time with me and making sure that I was okay whenever I stayed in the dorm alone.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"I'll get going then! See you later tonight hyung?"

"Yeah see you tonight!"

What a coincidence..

-

I knocked on the door before opening it and walking inside. I scanned the room expecting Bang Chan to be here but he was nowhere to be seen.

"[M/N] it's nice to see you again! How are you?" Jyp asked catching my attention.

"I'm doing fine... Um.. Where's Bang Chan hyung?"

"Oh! He's currently in one of the studios. Do you want me to take you there?"

"If you don't mind!"

"Okay then! But before I do, I have a few things to tell you." He said seriously, startling me a little.

"Stray Kids is currently working on their comeback in preparation of your debut as their new member. I'm not sure how much they're wanting to prepare but I assume it's a lot. Tomorrow will be your first official day as a member of the group so tonight will be the last night you'll be in your dorm. You're currently nineteen so that makes you the youngest!" I didn't know what to say so I just nodded.

"Right shall I take you to Chan?"

"Yes please."

"Okay! Follow me!"

•––––––––––––––––––––––––––––•

Who would you like to see [M/N] date? It can be Minho again or it can be a different member. If you like, he can end up with all of the members. Currently I'm debating between Seungmin, Changbin and I.N as I don't see many if at all stories about them! But in the end it's entirely up to you! You guys can dictate the relationship lol