𝐭𝐞𝐧 » 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

Soul entered the bathroom and switched on the shower, immediately going and standing under it. She had heard the call of a seashell and just knew it was Attuma. She didn't know whether to go to the call or ignore it. As her mind was clouded with thoughts, she didn't even notice Riri sitting on the bathroom counter waiting patiently but concerned for Soul. A few seconds later Soul stepped out of the shower, and finally noticed Riri there.

"Aye, you good?" Riri asked, hopping off the counter as Soul grabbed a towel. "Mhm, why do you ask?" Soul raised a brow as she walked towards Riri.

"Cause you seem conflicted," Riri stated.

Soul pursed her lips, diverting her eyes to the floor. "I don't know what would make think that," Soul mumbled. Riri scoffed, "C'mon, we supposed to be there for each other and not keep secrets if we want this to work."

Soul looked up and furrowed her brows slightly, feigning confusion. "What to work? You can't just imply that we're in a relationship when it's not even close to that, Ri. I can't be with you like that as long as my father is alive, you know that. So-so don't imply that we're something when we're not! I don't even know if we can be together in general when I become queen." Soul spoke, her hands were shaky and it was clear something was making her act this way.

"Where is this all comin' from? Cause last night I'm pretty damn sure your lips were too busy attached to mine to mention all this." Riri countered, a bit taken off guard from Soulina's statement.

Soul shook her head and scoffed under her breath, "I'm just stating reality, Riri. This is never gonna work out. Once my dad's dead, I'm Queen, and I won't have time to be with you, if you even wanna be with me."

"Of course I wanna be with you but you keep givin' me all these mixed signals. How am I supposed to know what to do, Soul? I'm still tryin' to handle the fact that I might be in love with an actual mermaid!" Riri exclaimed, running her hands over her cornrows as she paced the room.