𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 » 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

A knock on the wall drew Namor from his silent thoughts and he turned to look at Namora who had been the one to knock. "Yes?" Namor raised a brow as he looked back to his unfinished painting of Monsella. "Attuma was at the river and for the first time in a month...Soulina wasn't there," Namora spoke.

K'uk'ulkan sighed and dabbed his brush into the black paint. "So, what does that mean?" He asked.

"We're not sure. Attuma thinks she may be with the surface woman, or the princess," Namora explained.

"i xuamfp'v vjopl vuu nadj up vjev, muse." (translation: I wouldn't think too much on that, Mora) Namora and K'uk'ulkan both turned around hearing the princess speak. Namora furrowed her brows, unsure what Soul had said as she didn't understand Aquan. But K'uk'ulkan did. He couldn't help but let a little smile tug on his lips as he looked at her.

"Can we talk, please?" Soul requested, speaking Mayan so Namora understood. Namora sighed and went to walk out but pulled the shorter girl into a hug that Soul returned. "Sorry for cutting you and trying to kill your friend," Mora whispered into Soulina's ear before pulling away. "We'll talk about it later, Mora," Soul replied and Mora walked about as requested.

After a few seconds of silence, Soul walked over to the unfinished painting and smiled fondly. Her mother appeared to be in a long sheer traditional Talokan dress. The background was completely black but looked as though she was standing in water at the same time. Her smile was the same bright comforting smile she always held, similar to Soulina's. K'uk'ulkan always made sure to get every single detail right. Soul was grateful for that. She didn't know if she would even still be able to remember her mother's face had her father never painted.

"You sent her to me, didn't you?" K'uk'ulkan questioned in Aquan instead of Mayan.

Soul blinked profusely, taken back by him speaking Aquan. The last time he spoke Aquan was at Monsella's funeral and that was to say goodbye. "No, she found you on her own." Soul lied.