Hound Dad

Ryo Inui enjoys walking in the park. The air around him was much better when he was in the city. the wind was blowing, which was kind of chilly. Autumn was almost here. Soon the leaves will turn into different colors. As a young puppy, Ryo would always roll in a pile of leaves. Not many people would think that he used to do that as a pup because of his scary dog appearance. That's why he became a Pro Hero in the first place, Ryo wanted people not to be afraid of him just because he look like a scary dog.

However, when Ryo is in his civilian clothes, he could people staring at him with mixed looks. Some looked at him like he was a monster that needed to put down. Others look at him like he was an experiment gone wrong. It's been that way since he was little. People judging you for having a quirk that didn't fit in society. Ryo used to get bullied because of his Quirk. The other children used to make fun of him. Telling to do a like a dog since that was the name of his Quirk.

At least, as a Pro Hero, People will feel a little safe with him when he has his hero outfit on. But during his rare days off, Ryo still faces discrimination on the streets. But he knows not to let it get to him. He's a Pro Hero now. People will look up to him now. Even if some people won't feel grateful towards him, Ryo knows that some people will never change.

But some people still prefer the police chief Kenji Tsuragamae of Hosu City over him since the former had a much friendly dog appearance than the latter. Tsuragamae looks like a family dog than he did. Ryo's looks made like a vicious dog that ready to bite anyone. This actually made Ryo very sad to know that people will prefer someone more kind looking than knowing beneath the surface.

Smelling ikayaki from where he was at, Ryo went to his favorite sport of the park, which was a food stand. Ikayaki has always been his favorite food to eat since as a child. Seeing the stand that he always goes to made his stomach growl with hunger. Walking up the stand, he order the usual, "One ikayaki, please?" He said.

The man smiled at the Hound Hero, giving the dog man his food, "Here you go, Ryo. Man, it's been a while since I saw you," The man said smiling.

Ryo smiles back at the man, "It's been a while indeed, Ayato," Ryo said. Knowing this man since middle school. Ryo would always come here to both eat the ikayaki and to see his old friend. The two men only see each other on Ryo's rare days off but are always happy to see the other. Bidding a good day to his old friend, Ryo continued his day. Enjoying his ikayaki, Ryo loves eating it. Finishing it, he threw the stick in the dumpster.

Suddenly, he felt something on his right leg. Looking down, Ryo saw a little boy who looks like the age of three hugging his leg. The little boy was adorable looking with innocent green eyes and a bright smile, he kind of reminded Ryo of his student Izuku Midoriya. The boy looks at him with happiness, "Hey, doggy," The boy said innocently.

Ryo smiled back at the child. He always loves children. That's why he became a guidance counselor, hoping he could save kids from their mental problems more than just saving them physically. Bending down to meet the small child on equally level, "Hello there, little one. May I help you?" He said. Even though it was his day off, Ryo would still help the innocents as any hero would.

The little boy giggled. He quickly placed his arms around Ryo. The Hound Hero was surprised by the act, "I love you, doggy," The boy said. Normally, Ryo would hate it if he was called that. But this was a kid who didn't know about the unfairness of the world. The boy just saw him as a friendly dog instead of a vicious beast. Ryo smiled as he got up, "Where are your parents, young man?" Ryo asks. Looking around to see the boy's parents, wondering if the child was lost. If the kid was lost, he must have seen Ryo, hoping to comfort him. Just then, the Hound Hero heard a voice.

"Reo, I don't told you not to wander off!" A male voice said. A man who appears to be in his late twenties came up to them. Snatching the boy from Ryo.

"Sorry, Daddy." The boy said. His father looks at Ryo with a look that the latter knew all too well. The father took his son's hand, leading the child away from Ryo. But Ryo could hear what the father was saying, "Dumb mutt."

Ryo sigh, knowing that he could report the man for discrimination against him and being disrespectful towards a Pro Hero. But Ryo would know that people who hated someone like him will use this against him for seemingly abusing his status as a hero. But he'll have to make sure that his identity will be hidden. While thinking of this, Ryo soon realized that he managed to found himself at the playground. But no one was there. However, the Hound Hero quickly smelled a familiar scent, it smelled like strawberries. Only one person that he knows smelled like that, and that is Izuku Midoriya.

Following the sweet scent, Ryo soon found a small body figure under the slide. It was Izuku Midoriya. She looks like that she has been hurt. Quickly, Ryo ran to his student's side. Gently sharking her to woke up, "Midoriya, wake up! Can you hear me, Midoriya!" Ryo said, worrying for his student. Midoriya opens her eyes to see Hound Dog looking down at her with worriedness in his eyes.

"Sensei, is that you?" Midoriya ask. Her voice was still sweet and gentle. She has only seen his face once without his mask. She had bruises over her body. Midoriya was attacked by someone. Even though she had her hero license, she could act during an emerging. So many things went to his head to wonder why she was this. Did a villain attack her? Ryo couldn't help but be angry at himself for not getting here sooner to help Midoriya.

But right now, he needed to get her to Recovery Girl, "Can you walk, Midoriya?" Ryo asks. But when she tried to get up, she hissed and placed her hand on her legs. Seeing that she couldn't get up on her own, Ryo scooped her up in his arms, "Sensei?!" Midoriya cried. But Ryo didn't listen to her. Right now, he was the Pro Hero Dog Hound Dog. He quickly runs as fast as he can.

Seeing U.A. coming up close, Hound Dog ran faster. He ran past the other students and teachers who all look surprised at seeing Midoriya in his arms.

"Is that Deku?"

"What happened to her?"

"What's going on?"

"Why does Hound Dog have her in his arms?"

Hound Dog manages to get to the infirmary on time. Recovery Girl was there. The old woman did her magic, healing Midoriya in no time. Seeing that Midoriya was a lot better, Hound Dog smiled. But there was one thing that still bothered him. How did she have those bruises on her body? According to Recover Girl, whoever did it, sure wanted to mad Midoriya getting hurt really bad. This really angered Hound Dog.

"Midoriya, what happen to you?" Hound Dog asked her gently. Midoriya took a moment to talk about how she ended up like that. She had just gotten back from visiting her grandfather from the hospital when five girls that she knew from her middle school came up to her. They told her to stay away from Bakugo even though the two of them were in the same school and class. But they didn't listen and attacked her since they knew that she valued her dream of being a hero. A hero would never hurt a civilian with their powers, so the five girls took advantage of that. When she came to, he was right there.

Hearing how she got those bruises, Hound Dog was furious to hear a group of civilians was taking advantage of their hero code. Knowing that he'll be needing to make two reports today. But before he left, he heard Midoriya said.

"I'm sorry for ruining your day, Sensei."

Hearing that, Hound Dog quickly went over to her and ruffled her soft hair, "No, it's alright, Midoriya. Seeing that you're safe now is important to me," He said.

Midoriya teared up from hearing that, "Thank you, Dad," She said as tears run down from her eyes. But she only realized what she said after Hound Dog was gone, "Not again! Why does keep happening?!" She said.

Hound Dog smile. Hearing that the tiny, green-haired girl called him by that title, actually warmed his heart. Snipe had bragged about it during a teacher meeting. Hearing her calling him that, had made him happy and feel better about himself. He couldn't wait to tell the others about this.