A deal

(Alfie's P.O.V.)
"Put her down, Ollie. Put her down, mate. My sister is only little" I said walking up to the both my sister and Ollie. Leona rolled her eyes "you're hilarious" she signed and I could see sarcasm in her hand movements. I chuckled before motioning for her to follow me to my office. While we made our way toy office, I noticed that Leona had stopped to look at some men working with the rum. "You want to have a taste?" I asked her. I could see her dictate wheter or not she wanted. But eventually she gave in and moved her hands to point at one of the bottles "I'll take the white". I nodded for the lads infront of us to pour some drinks for us. She took it from the table and took a drink. I could see by her face that she was trying to decide if it was good or not. "I have tasted better" she then signed at me and showed a distastefull look, but I could see a faint smile telling me she was actually joking. "Well, that's because you are a woman and we all know that they don't have any taste" I joked back and earned a playfull shove from her in return. But we both knew it was just brother and sister banter. I knew that my sister enjoyed the rum she had just tasted, because otherwise she would've left the glass on the table instead of taking it with her to my office. Arriving in my office Leona sat down in the chair that was stood in front of my desk. "So what did you came here for?" I questioned her.

(Leona's P.O.V.)
"I recieved an offer from another rum distillery. They have drawn up a tender for me" I began signing before pulling back my long coat to retrieve a document and placing it neatly infront of my brother. "Their prices per bottle are cheaper than what you are offering me". I watched Alfie raise an eyebrow while grabbing the quoted document and taking a read. "But considering that you are my brother, I will give you the offer to lower your per bottle prices down with 12 pence. If not, I will simply accept the other distillerie's offer and continue doing business with them".

You can pay a man's wages with that" he scoffed

You can pay a man's wages with that" he scoffed. I simply shrugged my shoulders not really caring before telling him "business is business, Alfie". Yes, I would rather do business with my brother, but I also need to make sure that my business keeps running. And I can't do that when Alfie's prices are the highest on the market. I watched him think for a second. But he soon agreed nevertheless. Although I had no doubt that he wouldn't sneakily up the prices for the other buyers. He stood up and spat in his hand before holding it out for me. I ignored his hand and just gave him a look with disgust "Im not touching you're spit hand" I signed at him. He chuckled before grabbing my hand and shaking it with his spit hand. I immediatly pulled back before wiping my wet hand off on his shoulder. "Still a typical girl, I see" Alfie commented smirking and sat down, "still an asshole, I see" I replied with a glare. Eventually, we both stood up because I had to go back to my company, The Lioness. It is the most well-known and busiest pub around the parts of London. Not only because of its huge range of alchol, but you wouldn't know it but there is a garage behind it that people could get their cars fixes. Mainly for woman with cars. I also only have woman working on the cars here. Everyone knew my name and it was not because of my brother. No, I made my own name. I won't lie to you and say that my hands aren't bloody from the journey, because they are in fact and I have no doubt that they won't get even more bloodier with the years that come. I had to struggle to get here, but I prefer to struggle every day of my life than to ever give the man the power to say "you wouldn't have that if it wasn't for me". And my brother is no exception to that rule.

Published: 5th of February 2023

Note: everything that you see that is written sideways (example) is Leona doing sign language. She is not talking.