Car parts

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
"Your sister doesn't trust me very much" I said as I lit a cigarette. Alfie laughed "oh don't take it to personal, Tommy. Leona doesn't trust anyone, not even her own blood" he explained and motioned to himself, "Koda is the only one she trusts". "Her dog?" I questioned to which he nodded, "smart woman". I watched him stand up to walk to a cabinet. "But I can give you something that could gain you a bit of trust with my sister" he told him and grabbed a book. Turning on his heel he walked back to his desk before throwing the book on the desk. I leaned forward to take a look at the book. It was a book about sign-language. "Leona doesn't like wasting her time with people who can't understand her". I appreciated the gesture and nodded a thank you. "That book is just so you don't embarrass yourself" he said before sitting down. "Do you know where to find car parts?" He then questioned. I raised an eyebrow in a question. What do I need car parts for? I thought to myself. Alfie realized my confusion and began to explain. Apperantly Leona has a hidden garage behind her pub where she fixes cars. "I didn't see an entrance to a car shop in her pub" I told him after thinking back to the outlay of the pub. "Its hidden, Tommy. Meaning you won't see it unless you look for it" he told me and sounded like he was talking to a child or a dumb person. "So instead of walking further into Leo's pub. Go right past the wooden bar, towards the back. There, next to the stocked shelves of the finest rum, my own, is the entrance to the shop" Alfie explained, "cars get through the back entrance where the alchol is also delivered by trucks". I was wondering why the building looked way bigger from the outside then it did in the inside. Although the interior was still very big. "So why do I need the car parts?" I eventually asked. "Car parts are a way to Leona's heart" he chuckled in amusement. Without Leona's approval, there wouldn't be any form of business between the Shelbys and Solomons. Alfie just gave me a bit of advice. The both of us knew that it was no use for Alfie to try and convice his sister. She has a saying that goes "a man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds". Which basically means she wants to see ones actions and doesn't settle for just words. I can respect a person who thinks like that.

A few days later

(Leona's P.O.V.)
I got out my car and looked down to see Koda jump out aswell, before closing the door. With a sharp and short whistle, I told her to follow and walked towards The Lioness. Walking into my pub before heading straight towards the back to go to the garage. "There is someone in your office that wants to speak to you" one of my mechanics told me pointing to my office that was on the upper level. I didn't have a meeting with someone, so I was wondering who it might be. Koda realized where I was going and she immediatly hopped her way up the stairs towards my office. Arriving on the upper level I opened the door and first let Koda inside before stepping inside myself. I saw her walk immediatly up to the person who was standing by the window that looked down onto the workfloor. Immediatly I knew who he was. Thomas Shelby. I watched him bow down slightly to greet Koda with a scratch behind her ear before turning around to face me.

 I watched him bow down slightly to greet Koda with a scratch behind her ear before turning around to face me

I nodded in greeting before signing "good afternoon, Mr Shelby". I was taken back slightly when he signed back at me. "Afternoon good, Ms Solomons". "Your brother gave me a book. So I did some homework" he then explained. Ah, so Alfie gave him the book of sign language. Although his signing needs some work, I did appreciate the effort. I moved towards my desk and sat down before motioning for Tommy to take a seat opposite of me. He gladly took my offer and took a seat. "To what do I owe?" I signed at him, wanting to know why he was here. But soon realized that it was still a bit much of sign language for him. So I pulled a drawer open and took out a notebook and pen to write down my question. Without saying anything, he grabbed a document from the inside of his pocket before putting it down on my desk. Curiously, I leaned forward to grab the document. I narrowed my eyes at him after reading it before continuing to write. "15 radiators, 26 front and rear fenders - How did you get your hands on this?". I had tried to get these parts for a while, but never did manage to find the right person. Tommy shurgged "ask no questions. Hear no lies. Hence the price". "How much?". "No charge" he replied, "okay, so what do you want?". "I have a Bentley at home that won't start. So, in return for these car parts, I want your service to repair it". I thought for a moment but then agreed "leave your adress with Willow. And I'll let someone come by your place". "I want you to repair the car" he told me. "That's not going to happen" I wrote down and showed an annoyed look. I thought he would've tried to convince me, but instead he nodded "very well. You can keep the parts. Consider it a gesture of goodwill" he said standing up before walking away. I leaned back in my chair and let out an annoyed sigh. Before grabbing my notebook and writing something down before following the Blinder out of my office. Tommy stopped once realising I followed him down. I extended my hand to show the notebook. He grabbed it before reading it. Then a small and quick smirk pulled on his lips. No doubt it was becauae of what I had written down for him. Basically I didn't want to be in a debt to Thomas Shelby. He can use the fact of the given free car parts over my head and I do not want that. So to become even, I will return the favor of fixing his bloody Bentley.

Published: 8th of March 2023