Trigger

(Tommy's P.O.V)
Triggers are like little psychic explosions that crash through avoidance and bring the dissociated, avoided trauma suddenly, unexpectedly, back into consciousness. A trigger is anything that sets someone off emotionally and activates memories of ones trauma. It's particular to you and what your expierence has been. Triggered, we revert to the feelings and behaviors we had in the traumatizing situation. And I had triggered Leona. When I had seen that burnmark o  her shoulderblade again. Something took control away from me. Anger filled my veins and I grew rougher in my thrust. The burnmark reminded me of someone who had hurt my Darling. And I wanted to hurt that person with everything I had. But unknowingly, I was hurting Leona in the proces. I was to rough with her, to far gone in my anger. Her arms and hands that had tried to push me off of her, were to weak. I did not see her scared tearfilled eyes, begging for me to stop. My ears not being able to hear her painfull cries. My body was ignoring her as I continued having my way with her. Then her fight or flight instinct kicked in fully. And I was glad that it was her fight instict that gained the control. With one powerfull right hook, she punched me in my jaw. As I fell onto my back, Leo crawled away from me. Towards the headboard of the bed. I turned my head back towards her, and finally I was snapped out of my uncontrolable lust as I saw the sight in front of me. Angry eyes glared back at me, yet the body shook in fear and pain. My eyes looked over Leo and I gulped as I saw blood trickling from her inner thighs and onto the bedsheet. I had done that to her. I had been so rough with her that I had made her bleed. Guilt washed over me "Leo. I am-". She put a hand up at me, silencing me. But I refused to give up.

(Leona's P.O.V.)
"Leona, I don't even know where to start" he began and I could hear his voice trembling. His eyes filled with guilt and he turned away from me. His hands shaking as he continued to talk. "I feel so terrible for what I did to you. Hurting you is the worst thing I could ever do. I know I do not deserve forgiveness but-". "Stop" I told him and his eyes looked back to look at me. Suprised that I had talked.

I took in a deep breath before lifting my hands up to sign at him "get a wet towel"

I took in a deep breath before lifting my hands up to sign at him "get a wet towel". He nodded and stood up to walk to the bathroom that was connected to my bedroom. He soon reappeared, with a damp towel in his hands. I motioned for him to come closer. I could see the hesitation in his eyes, to scared of hurting me again but he came none the less. He reached his hand out for me to take the towel from him. But instead of grabbing the wet towel, I just grabbed his wrist and guided it towards my inner tighs. From underneath my fingers I could feel him tense up, still afraid to hurt me again. I let go of his wrist for a moment "I trust you". He let out a shakey breath but eventually began to carefully wipe away the blood. The warmth of the damp towel brought relief to my stinging and sticky skin. I looked up to meet his eyes. Still regret and guilt flashed in them. I smiled softly at him before placing my hand on his cheek, lightly tracing my fingers over his skin. Pulling back I signed at him "relationships that last, involve a lot of forgiveness. You have to accept the fact that your partner isn't perfect. They will dissapoint and upset you. But you have to figure out if you're willing to go through the ups and downs with them. And considering I signed yes, it shows that I am willing to fight for and with you. So I'll forgive you for acting like that, because you had a moment of weakness". A soft smile appeared on his lips as he realized I am forgiving him for the mistake. Yes, he might of made me bleed by being to rough. But I was far more angrier by the fact where he had brought my mind. Flashes of that night had flashed through my mind. I looked at him with a serious look in my eyes "But don't ever put me back there again. Because I will never forgive you and you will be one bleeding then". He smiled while leaning his head against mine. Relief washing over his features. "Promise I" he signed at me. I chuckled and leaned back before showing him how to correctly sign "I promise".

Published: 24th of may 2023