Sign yes

*warning: the chapter might be triggering for some (mention of Rape)

(Leona's P.O.V.)
My brother had arrived after Tommy had called him. Meanwhile I was still sitting on the ground as they talked with one another. My mind filled with thoughts about that certain night. I remember each second of that night, each time I try to forget the pain and memory of that time is still there. I remember when Mark got on top of me and held me down. Even though I screamed for help nobody came.

R was my reaction, I laid there very still. My thoughts were simply nothing. To him this was a drill.

A is for advantage, that's what he thought of me. Or maybe even less, who knows.

P is for pathetic, it's how I felt inside. Behind the pain and bruises, too. Is where I have to hide.

E is just for everything. I let him take it all. I couldn't fight him off of me. Thanks to the drug Mark had given me.

I need to keep reminding myself, jt isn't my fault. I feel myself getting angry as my mind keeps on making me feel weak. Then why didn't I fight more?! I shake the thoughts out of my head. It's not my fault, it's not my fault. "Leo?". I flinch unvoluntairly, absolutely hating that my body did that, as Alfie snapped me out of my thought. I look at both Alfie and Tommy who are now squatted in front of me. They wanted to help me, but I need to do this myself. "Leo, you have to tell us, so we can help" Alfie told me.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
By Leona's face I could tell, she doesn't want our help. She shook her head "no. I don't want your help". "But you do need it" Alfie told her. Alfie was the only person, no man, who can talk back to Leona without a consequence. I can do it sometimes, but only on a good day. Her eyebrows furrowed dangerously before signing angrily at us. "I don't need your help either. Because if I can't help myself, I can't be helped". Alfie rolls his eyes at his stubborn sister. "Then atleast tell us who the person is". "Fine" she signed quickly and fill with frustration and rage, "you want to know who he was. I'll fucking tell you. He is the person-" Leona was starting to sign to fast and with words I did not know yet. So I was not able to follow what exactly was signing at us in anger and frustration. Yet I also detected some sadness in there. The only other thing that I knew was that it wasn't something good that she was signing, just by the way Alfie's eyes widened and terror filled in his eyes. My own fear began to bubble in my stomach. "Alfie what did she sign?" I asked nervously. Alfie ignored me and continued to ask her a question "when did this happen? Recently or a while ago?". Leona sighed before signing slower and I finally could understand and my heart shattered in the proces while my mind became angry. "Yes, he raped me a while ago. Exactly, 4 years and 2 days ago. But it feels like 4 minutes...". She looked up to meet our eyes again. "My right to consent was taken away. I felt the tear in my flesh, his hard fingers rip me in two. I could feel his skin against mine, leaving me feeling vulnerable. Again and again, every forced thrust left me undone and broken. My soul breaking with every thrust. Creating a dent in my sanity".

(Leona's P.O.V.)
I breath out after my explaination. Before once again looking back up at the main two men in my life. "But I am taking care of it. Don't worry". "No, you're not doing this alone" Alfie refused. "For fucks sake. I am not a child". "No, Alfie is right. You're not going to do this alone". I let my tongue glide against the back of my teeth in annoyence of the two not letting me handle my own problems. I do not want nor have a need for shining knights in armor. I huffed before rubbing my temple and then reluctantly agreeing. "But, you should know. Mark Ryder, he's mine to kill. Not yours". "So that's his name?" Alfie questioned, to which I rolled my eyes. He basically didn't hear what I had said, only hearing the specific name. Annoyed that he wasn't properly listening to me I punched his shoulder, gaining his attention. "Alright! He's yours to kill". I shook my head and pushed myself up to my feet. "Now get. I have work to do" I signed shooing them away. Although Alfie did leave soon after, Tommy stayed behind. No matter how hard I tried, he did not leave. I turned to face to him. "So you are going to bring me home? I guess?". He nodded simply but stayed silent.

Tommy parked his car in front of my house. I got out and he followed me to the door. "Can I come inside?" He questioned. I turned to face him, he never had to ask me to come inside my house. He was always welcome. I noticed that he seemed nervous, yet excited aswell. Confused at his boyd language, I still let him inside. I sat down on my couch and looked up at him. He stood infront of me, back straight and with a child like smile on his face. "Now, I planned on giving you this during our date" He opened his coat and pulled what looked like a piece of paper from his inside coat pocket, "but plans often change. And so did this one". He reached out his hand, gesturing to me that I should take it. With a smile I retrieved the paper from his hand, intrueged at what the content might be and opened it as he cleared his throat. My eyes scanning the words and letters. I looked up at him "this is a marriage license". "A special one" he said proudly. I shook my head at him "no. I can't". "What?" He replied, suprise and shock clear in his voice. "I am not marriage material. Never have been, never will be" I signed at him. "You deserve someone better". He shook his head and went down to his knee and grabbed my hands "I. Love. You. And only you". I pulled my hands free "I am not marrying you". But he did not give up, and deep down I actually was glad that he did not give up on changing my mind. There was a challenge in his eyes. And I was so busy trying to make sense of it that I didn't notice his hand shoot back up to capture my wrist. His fingers wrapped easily around my wrist. Even when I tried to pull away again, he was still able to keep a hold of my wrist. With that smirk on his face he pulled my hand up to his lips. But he turned my hand around to kiss the inside of my wrist instead of kissing my hand. A soft gentle kiss. I pulled my wrist from his hands before grabbing his face gently. So I could make him look at me. I shook my head at him. "You're afraid" he whispered. And I felt my breath get caught in my throat. He was right, I was afraid. Now that I've found him, I am so scared to love him how I want to. Scared that I am to much for him. Scared that he will walk away. I am scared to give him my all. "I can't" I sign softly. But he knows me to well and he could sense the lie I had just signed. "No" he said and grabbed my wrist before pushing me down onto the bed. "You don't make the desicions anymore. Now, sign it" he said. It wasn't an order, I knew that because he was smiling while talking. I shook my head at him, almost loosing myself at his boyish charm. He hovered over me "sign, 'I'll marry you'" he told me continueing to show me his smile. I began to laugh but still shook my head no. "Sign it. Sign yes!". I still refused but he urged on like an impatient child "sign yes!". I lifted my hands, he had convinced me "yes" while laughing.

 I lifted my hands, he had convinced me "yes" while laughing

Published: 14th of May 2023

GiF: The Edge Of Love