|35. No One Knows |

Salaam dear readers, thank you so much for your support and love! I appreciate you 🫶🏻

Have fun reading this book!

—————

Silya woke up next to Junayd. She didn't know how she ended up next to him.

She was scared that something might have happened to her in her sleep.

The last thing she remembered was sleeping on the couch after dinner, and now suddenly she was on the bed next to him.

She got up, did her ablution, and performed her morning prayers asking Allah to make it easy on her.

He, on the other hand, opened his eyes and stared at her performing her prayers.

Something about watching her pray gave him peace and warmed his heart. He felt at home for once.

He remembered getting up late at night to go have a smoke and saw her sleeping on the couch that looked so uncomfortable. At first, he hesitated about whether to pick her up or not. After a few minutes of thinking he decided to just do it.

He picked her up and walked to his room putting her on the bed and layed next to her playing with her hair.

He forgot about smoking because he didn't feel the need to anymore, she made him forget about his problems and that was enough for him.

"Junayd." Her voice got him out of his train of thoughts.

"Yes?"

"Wh-what happened while I was sleeping? Can you please be honest?" She nervously asked him.

She was embarrassed but needed to know what he did to her. She didn't trust him.

Her words felt like a slap to him.

Anger started to slither through his veins.

How dare she think that low of him?

He got up from the bed trying to control his breathing, the beeping noise was the only thing he heard.

Silya immediately regretted asking him when she saw his reaction.

She was scared of what he might do to her.

He started to walk in her direction getting closer and closer.

When he raised his hand to put it on the wall she flinched scared that she would get hit.

That was enough for him to turn off the fire crippling his heart.

He took a deep breath and opened his eyes.

"Nothing happened, you were sleeping on the couch so I thought that it would be more comfortable to sleep on the bed. Nothing happened, I'm no monster. I'm not Asad." He gritted his teeth at the last spoken words.

Her heart started beating fast at his words.

He sounded so honest but she refused to believe him.

"I don't believe you." She glared at him.

"Fuck you." He spat and walked to the shower to get ready.

She felt a pang of slight guilt for not believing him but it was his fault. How could she trust him? He's the villain.

Sighing, she walked to the other bathroom to get ready as well.

—————-

Inayah woke up to a heavy hand on her stomach stopping her from getting up.