Chapter 1 - A Whale and His Crew

Gwen: "What are you going to do? Send me to Impel Down?!"

Marine Captain Segawa: "That's exactly what's gonna happen, now shut up, kid!"

Gwen: "You can't do this! I haven't done anything wrong!"

Segawa: "We've been over this... it's not about what you've done, it's about what you could do."

Gwen: "I've never shown the ambition of becoming a pirate! Just take me home!"

Segawa: "Maybe not now, but how about in ten years... fifty years, a hundred years?! You and that power are too much of a hazard, so we're putting you somewhere we can keep a thorough eye on you, E.C."

Gwen: "Don't you have bigger fish, Sea Cow?!"

Segawa: "It's Segawa! And all in good time. Don't worry, I hear level 1 of Impel Down isn't as bad as everyone says."

That was a clear lie. No one wants to end up on any level.

Gwen: "This isn't justice!"

Segawa: "I've heard enough."

He put handcuffs on me, but then he suddenly looked shocked.

Gwen: "What?"

Segawa: "Why are you still standing?"

Gwen: "I don't know. Cause I have working legs?"

Segawa: "No, smart ass! I mean these are sea prism stone handcuffs, they're supposed to drain your energy."

Gwen: "What can I say? I'm just special~"

Segawa: "Cheeky little runt... All the more reason to not give you freedom!"

He took the cuffs off me.

Segawa: "There must be some way to-"

Gwen: "Get away!"

Segawa: "Stand still!"

He tried wrapping the chain around my waist, ankles, head, and finally my neck.

Gwen: "Ughh..."

It hit me like a crashing wave. I felt tired all of a sudden, and my knees buckled under me.

Segawa: "Ah ha! You, throw her in the brig! And put the sea prism around her neck."

Marine Officer: "Her neck, sir? Not the handcuffs?"

He looked down at me scowling up at him.

Segawa: "Not for this one. She's a... special breed."

The officer put a shackle around my neck and attached the keys to his belt. I felt dizzy so the marine officer picked me up and carried me over his shoulder towards my cell. As we headed below deck, I got a sudden urge to fight back.

Gwen: 'I'd rather drown today than be tortured in prison.'

Maybe it's thanks to my ability, but the sea prism didn't feel as bad as I thought. I still felt sluggish and tired, but I think I can still move a little.

Gwen: 'Screw this. I'm getting off this ship one way or another!'

I kicked him in the lower gut and bit his shoulder, making him let go of me and fall to his knees.

"Argh! You little bi-!"

Gwen: "Shh!"

I kicked him square in the face a couple times which was enough to knock him out, even for a minute or two.