Alternate Ending - If Gwen Joined Luffy

Luffy: "Gwen! Why don't you come with us?!"

Gwen: "Wh-what?"

Luffy: "Yeah! Join my crew!"

I stood there stunned, looking around at the pirates around me. It's strange. I've been asked that question so many times, by so many captains. Yet... this is the first time I'm actually considering. I turned to Crocus. He didn't need to say anything, I knew what that smile meant. Whether I choose to stay or go, he'd accept my decision. Then I looked to Laboon.

Gwen: "Let's be brother and sister. We'll swear it, right here on this beach! Then, we'll always be connected, and nothing can break that."

I knew my answer. I knew where I belonged.

Gwen: "Thank you, but... my brother needs me... I can't leave him--"

Laboon roared loudly, interrupting me.

Gwen: "Wh- what?"

I walked closer to look him in the eye. I placed my hand on his cheek.

Gwen: "Laboon, you're not saying what I think you're saying..."

My eyes widened as he didn't back down.

Gwen: "Do you... want me to go?"

He chuffed with a nod.

Gwen: "Wh-why? Why, Laboon?! I said I'd never leave you alone... Dozens of captains have asked me the same thing, and you've never objected to me turning them down before!"

Tears filled my eyes as I stared back at my brother in confusion.

Gwen: "Why now, Laboon? It's been decades! Why now?!"

He smiled.

Gwen: "You want me to be happy? I-I am! I'm... I'm plenty happy here with you and Crocus!"

He shook his head, seeing through my charade.

Gwen: "There's more, isn't there?"

His eye shifted to look down at my arm. As I looked at it too, he started chirping in a way that made it sound like he was trying to imitate Brook's laugh.

Gwen: "Brook? You... want me to... find him?"

He nodded with a smile, happy I understood what he was saying.

Gwen: "I don't know about the rest of the crew, but... Brook's devil fruit... there's a chance he's still alive out there you know."

He bellowed, giving me a little shove. I could tell what that meant.

Gwen: "Alive or not, he's been missing for fifty years, buddy. You really think I can find him..."

He nodded. I looked back at Crocus who nodded too. Then I turned to the Straw hats, they were patiently awaiting my answer. I backed up away from everyone, my legs feeling shaky.

Gwen: "I... I need a minute..."

Until I turned around and ran into the lighthouse and into my room. I shut the door behind, pushing my back against it and started hyperventilating and overthinking.

Gwen: 'What the hell am I thinking?! I haven't sailed in years! I'm a Rumbar, not a Straw Hat! I can't leave Laboon alone, he needs me! I promised I'd always look after him! I promised captain we'd wait for them together!'

I took a couple steps forward and fell to my knees with my arms wrapped around myself, not knowing what to do.

Gwen: "Should I stay? Should I go? I... I think I want to go, but... but..."