Song Credits

I'm basically here to credit all the songs I used in this story that weren't mine originally. I'm a story writer, not a song writer. (I wrote a few two liners from scratch, but they're not important.)

ONE PIECE SONGS:

Bink's Brew - Funimation Dub: I of course used this song many times, because it's, as Captain Yorki says "The Pirate's Anthem!"

Bone to be Wild - Ian Sinclair (Funimation Dub): This was more of a passing reference I used to connect Gwen and Brook post time skip. An excuse for them to listen to his concert. I wanted to end with Gwen and Laboon knowing Brook was on his way back to them. Something for you in the meantime until I can write about them reuniting.

New World - Ian Sinclair (Funimation Dub): I wasn't originally going to use this song, but I wanted Gwen and Laboon to listen in on the full concert. Drama and all!

SEA SHANTIES:

Bones in the Ocean - The Longest Johns: Oh my god! When I found this song, I was just looking for the full dub lyrics to Bone to be Wild (I couldn't find them...) And this lyric video kept coming up. So I gave it a listen and I CRIED! It was so so perfect! Not only for Gwen, but for Brook too, and the whole Rumbar crew. So I made it her song, in a way.

The Last Shanty - Nathan Evans: I tweaked the lyrics to work for a pirate instead of a navy officer. And, not to toot my own horn, but I think this one has to be my smoothest lyric tweak yet!

Drunken Sailor - The Irish Rovers: It's a classic! A fun song to sing with her new friends, the Roger pirates. I tired to make it more One Piece related by adding the line 'Stick two chopsticks in his nose!' I thought it was fun~

OTHER SONGS:

Hide and Seek - Lizz Robinett: Perfect song for hunting down friends in the dark! I thought this song for the scene would be funny, I hope you liked it.

Free Fallin' - Tom Petty: I was just looking for a song that would be good for a guitar beginner. I heard the few lines and thought "Huh... I could turn this into a pirate song by changing Fallin' to Sailin'!" So I did. HOWEVER (editor Jesse here) did I know this was a freaking 80s/90s song when I picked it? ... no ...... Oh well!

Long Long Time - Linda Ronstadt: Continuing with the trend of OLD songs (this one from 1970)! Some songs, such as this one, I added as part of the editing process. I hear the lyrics and I think "Oh, I think this'll be really good right here."

Ballad of the Lonely - trashyinferno: When I chose this song, I had no idea it was made for Dream SMP. It was recommended to me on Spotify and I thought the lyrics (tweaked to match) worked as a song for Gwen to sing, missing Brook in particular. In the story I implied that Gwen was writing this song. Obviously I made that up for the sake of the story, I can't write songs to save my life, heh.

You'll Be in My Heart - Phil Collins: A Lullaby from Tarzan used between a mother and son. But I used it with Gwen, a sister trying to calm and comfort her younger brother.

Strangers Like Me - Phil Collins: I used this song for Gwen to express her longing for adventure and freedom. The 'strangers like me' being the Straw Hats. Also side note, I don't really like the movie Tarzan, but the soundtrack SLAPS!

Happier - Marshmallow & Bastille: I think the section of the lyrics that I chose reflects Gwen's hesitation about leaving Laboon really well. They want each other to be happier, and for that, Gwen needs to be set free. And bring Brook home. Help him to fulfil the long awaited promise.

Now you're probably wondering "How does Gwen know all these songs that weren't in the world of One Piece?". And my answer to that is...... ✨Magic✨