Chapter 26 - Until We Meet Again

A few months after the Straw Hats set off from the twin capes, we got word by paper that they'd disappeared.

Gwen: "Crocus..."

Crocus: "Is something wrong, Gwen?"

I showed him the headline and he read it.

Crocus: "Oh no... I'm sorry, kiddo."

He wrapped me in a hug as I bit my trembling lip.

Gwen: "So stupid... I thought they'd be different..."

Crocus: "It hasn't given us many details. Maybe they'll be alright."

Gwen: "I thought the same thing about my crew..."

He stroked my head as he knelt down to my level.

Crocus: "Listen to me, Gwen, this is important. Let's keep this news between us. Don't tell your brother."

I wiped my eyes with a sniffle.

Gwen: "You're right. Laboon can't handle any more heartbreak. We tell him, and he'll just start hitting his head again."

Crocus: "That's right."

Gwen: "Come to think of it... *sob* I don't know if I can handle any more heartbreak!"

Crocus pulled me back into a hug as I cried into his shoulder.

A little over 2 YEARS after meeting Luffy's Crew... Gwen's Age: Biologically 11, Chronologically 68

I was sat outside with my violin and paper, writing sheet music.

Gwen: "~~Bone to be wild, Hmm Hmm Mm-Mm-Mmm~~"

Laboon stared at me curiously.

Gwen: "You like that, buddy?"

I smiled as he nodded.

Gwen: "It's a song I keep hearing over the radio. I've been trying to write violin chords for it so I can learn to play it for you. This guy's been doing a music tour all over."

He tilted his head, intriguingly.

Gwen: "Hey that reminds me! The finale concert of his tour's happening in Sabaodey next week. You wanna listen with me?"

He splashed and chirped enthusiastically.

Gwen: "Hahaha, okay. I'll remember. They call him Soul King. You're gonna love him, he sounds really cool! I wish we could be there to see in person. But at least we can listen over the radio."

Crocus noticed Laboon and I were in a good mood.

Crocus: "What're you up to, Gwen?"

Gwen: "I'm writing violin chords for a song from the radio."

Crocus: "That Soul King guy you've been obsessed for these past few months?"

Gwen: "Uh-huh! He's so cool, and his music is fun and groovy!"

I grinned and stood up, grabbing his hand and jumping up and down excitedly.

Gwen: "Hey, Crocus! Laboon and I are gonna listen to his final concert next week. Will you listen with us?"

Crocus: "I don't know..."

Gwen: "Pleeeeaase~"

Laboon cooed pleadingly at him too, until he laughed and gave in.