Adoption

So the child wolfed down the food. She ate her first plate that was packed to the rim w/ food.

"So wanna talk?" Blaire asks.

"No bitch! Me want more food!" She says. I burst out laughing. Blaire side eyed me.

"Ok. How about this. Tell us your name and you can request them to cook you something big and good." I say calming down.

"Deal!" She didn't hesitate to agree. "My name's Artemis!" She states. I chuckle then give her pictures of food for her to pick from.

"So Artemis. Do you want a pack?" I ask.

"No!" She growls out.

"Sorry! But can I know why?"

"Because that bitch of a pack hated that my mom had alpha blood and my dad had beta! Since they had no position in the pack it was embarrassing that I was better than their future beta and alpha combined!" She yells.

"Well. That doesn't matter here. If you want I can adopt you along w/ Blaire. I'm alpha and Blaire's beta." I suggest.

"What till I turn 16?! Or only if I agree to a mate contract?!" She accuses.

"Who did that!?!" Blaire and I roar. She jumps back and looks shocked.

"Why did you-?" She asks.

"Because I was almost forced to have mates. And technically I'm still being forced. But that's a story for another time. Right now who thought they could do that to you!? We'll kill them!" I state a matter of factly.

*SNIFFLES!*

"What's wrong?" I ask immediately concern lacing my voice.

"Go job idiot! You made her upset!" Blaire scolds me after hitting the back of my head.

"No! That's not it." She says between sniffles.

"Then what's up?" Blaire asks.

"It's just normally if people get me to tell them that they look at me and say that it's normal or that's just how things are. I'm only 10! I shouldn't have to be scared a pack only wants me so that their heir can have powerful pups." She confesses.

"Heh! You know, you can join our pack, be our kid, live like a normal kid or use your skills and hone them! Or you can use this pack as temporary stay and leave when ever you're ready." I inform.

"Can I, can I stay?" She asks.

"Can you say home sweet home?" Blaire asks. She nods her head yes.

"Then of course you can!" I cheer and we scoop her up and hug her. We all start laughing.

"Ms Juliet?" Some of our visiting loners try to gain my attention.

"Yes?" I respond.

"Can we join? Like now if possible." Another states.

"Certainly!" I say. We initiated them and Artemis then we move about our day. Artemis would always be w/ one of us. It has now been like 5ish months since she's been here.

"We're being attacked!" Hunter yells. We tried to get Artemis to hide somewhere safe but that didn't go well.

"No! I'm a good sniper! I can hide and cover you!" She argues.

"Only if you stay safe, stay out of sight and if all goes wrong you worry about your safety over ours." I claim.

"Not the last one." She shoots back.

"Then not at all." Blaire protests.

"Fine." She agrees begrudgingly. We nod and shift. She got on my back and we took off. Half way there we dropped her off to prevent them from seeing her. We get there and we see weretigers!

*HOWL!*

I let out a powerful and authoritative howl. Everyone stops and looks at me. I shift back.

"SHIFT!" I order the tigers. They all collectively step back but don't shift. I growl at them. Then one in front shifts.

"I'm the commander so I'll talk to you." He says.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" I keep a pissed off and powerful tone.

"We were told to come here and scope out this new and unregistered pack." He states.

"BY WHO?" I say in a more calm voice.

"By our leader under the decision of the council." He responds.

"OUR PACK IS REGISTERED BY THE WOLF COUNCIL! GO TO THEM FROM NOW ON AND IF ANYONE ELSE AFTER YOU IS SENT HERE WE WILL KILL THEM!" I state.

"But what if our leader wishes to speak to you?" He asks.

"TELL THEM TO GO TO THE COUNCIL! HAVE THE COUNCIL CONTACT ME THEN WAIT FOR MY RESPONSE ON IF I WILL LET THEM HERE OR NOT!" I say.

"Isn't that too drastic?" He asks.

"WELL ISN'T TOO DRASTIC TO JUST COME AND ATTACK AN 'UNKNOWN' PACK? DID YOU GUYS EVEN CHECK THE WOLF COUNCIL FIRST? YOU GUYS ARE NOW SEEN AS A THREAT TO MY PACK. THEREFORE I CAN NOT TRUST YOU. IF YOU LIE TO THE COUNCIL THEN YOU'RE IN DEEP SHIT COMPARED TO IF YOU LIED TO ME." I state.

"But we can still settle this w/o the wolf councils involvement." He defends.

"WHY SO AGAINST INVOLVING THE COUNCIL? ANYWAYS ENOUGH OF THIS! WE TOLD YOU THE TERMS! NOW LEAVE MY PACK! THAT IS IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE W/ ALL YOU HAVE HERE AND NOT A PORTION?" I threatened. The commander shifts back and they run off. We head back to the pack and Artemis gets on Blaire's back as I sprint to the pack house.

"Hello?" The voice on the other line greets.

"This is Alpha Juliet. I need to be put through to the council immediately it's an emergency."