The Meeting

We continued like normal for a few months. Then I got another call from the council.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"We have an alpha meeting." A member says.

"Ok?" I say hesitantly.

"They're gonna be here and all leaders are required to attend." Another clarifies.

*Sigh.*

"Ok. When and what time?" I ask calm.

"What...?" A member asks shocked.

"Well I would've had to meet them at some point. So honestly I'm more frustrated you guys were beating around the bush a bit than I am w/ the fact that I have to see them." I state.

"Heh. So your direct no matter the news." One chuckles.

"It's better than wasting time. I'll waste time when it's necessary. Right now it isn't." I inform.

"You're really proving yourself to be more and more of an alpha than an alpha pup." One says.

"Alpha or alpha pup. I'm an alpha. That means I protect those under my care and more." I respond.

"We need more alphas like you. Anyways the meeting's in 2 day. 0900 sharp." One says.

"Ok. I don't have anything and I'll inform you of any emergencies." I say.

"Very good see you in 2 days."

"In 2 days." I echo back so they know I know for sure. We hung up and I informed my pack.

"Can I come w/?" Artemis asks.

"No." I respond bluntly.

"Why?" She asks.

"Because I don't trust the tigers. Their leader is also required to come. But when we're away the members and warriors aren't. They could try to sneak attack us. If that's the case I need my strongest here protecting the weakest." I state.

"The what about me?" Blaire asks.

"If something happens to me then you have to take over." I put.

"How do you want the training?" Alex our head trainer asks.

"Start the training by patrolling the boarder. Upon returning from patrol start training. Training shall last two hours. This does not include patrols. Half way through the first training the second group training shall start their patrol. When the first group is done w/ training they shall ended it w/ another patrol. You only have to go w/ the first group on patrol. After which you can pick and choose if you go or not. Now warrior and normal members who are not schedule to train yet will patrol 30 minutes after the first group gets back. At least for warriors. The normal members are to check the weapons, emergency escapes and paths along w/ the safe points supply and capacity. Also if they can check to see if there's anything that needs fix and fix it." I lay out the schedule for when I'm gone.

"But wouldn't doing this let them know that you're gone?" A member asks.

"Thank you for bringing that up. So what we are gonna do is after this meeting I'm gonna have the council set up more meeting to talk about some small stuff. When I leave for these meetings we shall do the something. This is to make them think that everytime the Alpha leaves we go into this protocol. Then we're gonna set the up. We're gonna go into this protocol when I'm here and see how they react. Now as this is the first time doing so we need to play the cards right. Also we must use these time to work on our weakest points. Which is also why I'm letting Alex assign the groups. As the head trainer he can more accurately assign people compare to me. Seeing as I lack in the alpha prospect to be able to know my pack and what it can and can't do." I state.

"Juliet shut the fuck up." Blaire says. There was a mix of gasps and head snaps towards them. They just told their alpha to shut up, curse at them, and even addressed me by my first name w/o a title. These are blatant signs of disrespect.

"Why?" I respond calmly. Now the pack is most definitely shocked. Any normal alpha would've demanded respect regardless of who disrespected them. Parents are an obviously exception but not by much.

"You're a fucking amazing alpha! You recognize your short comings and own them. When we need help you drop everything and help us fast, efficiently, and orderly. Shoot you even have the plan to trap our enemies right out the gate that keeps the pack safe and running smoothly. So bitch be proud and accept how great of an alpha you are! Fucking idiot." They say. I start chuckling.

"Fine. What ever you say. But back to business. There's our battle strategy. Any questions or complaints?" I ask. There were a bunch on murmurs but none seemed to be upset. Or so I thought.

"Yes." A members states raising their hand. It happened to be Jessie. I also try to know pack members' names.

"Go and speak them." I open the floor to her.

"How are you going to be protected if the warriors and your Beta are all here?" She asks. All eyes snap to me realizing I never stated anything about my safety.

"Are you a lawyer?" I ask.

"Don't change the subject bitch!" Blaire yells. I turn my head to the side and rub my neck.

"Well I'm the Alpha. Your safety comes before mine." I state not looking at them.

"WHAT?!" The room erupts in a thunderous roar. I snap my attention to them. I see some members crying some are shocked and then there some that seem touch and are giving off a more protective aura.

"Did I say or do something wrong?" I ask. This made everything present heighten.

"Alpha! Most of us haven't seen alphas like you. On fact none of us have. All other alphas give off a more self protective aura or an aura of I have power mess w/ me or make me upset I'll use it. You're the first one that we've seen let someone show signs of blatant disrespect and not correct them. Or that would sacrifice themselves sooner than they would their pack. We're all touched! And in fact I think you made us more protective. Now what about your protective order?" Steve says.

"Good to know. Thank you for explaining. Also I think I'm in less danger than you guys." I state.

"How come?" He asks.

*Sigh.*

"Let me explain." I sigh out.

"Woah." A member says. Then there was silence.

"Now enough of that. We will have a pack dinner casual attire. Everyone get ready and enjoy the rest of your night." I say.