Chapter 1

Quiet.

That was the one word [Name] could describe his apartment. Sure he liked the quiet and the privacy but there was a thin line between being alone and loneliness.

Opening his eyes, soft light illuminated the small room he resided in. He hated waking up early no matter the reason but he couldn't deny the fact that seeing his room like this made him feel at peace.

Turning his head toward the small desk beside his bed, he saw the glowing numbers of the clock beside him displaying 5:47 am. A small hum left his lips as he slowly sat up, his hair swaying at the movement while his bedsheet slid off him.

[Name] wanted nothing more than to sleep in and normally, he would but for some reason, his body decided to wake him up so early in the morning. His brows crinkled ever so slightly as he frowned at whatever made him wake up so early.

Volleyball. Something seemed to whisper in his ear causing his subtle frown to deepen.

Ah, he honestly forgot about that. He wanted to ignore it and lay back down again but his body wouldn't budge. His feet slowly turned restless causing the teen to sigh.

'Fine.' He thought before quickly moving the blanket on his lap and getting up. 'I'll go just this once.

-------

Ever since he arrived at the gym for a bit more practice, everyone noticed how Kageyama's been way tenser than he usually is. Hell, even Hinata noticed it during their little race to the gym earlier.

The raven-haired setter seemed to look at the gym doors every 2 minutes as if he was expecting someone so when he did it again for the umpteenth time, Hinata couldn't help but feel annoyed. I mean could you blame him? How would they win this 3v3 if his teammate wasn't putting his full focus on the game.

"Oi! What the hell is up with you today?" Hinata demanded an answer as he frowned at the unfocused male who continued to practice on autopilot. "Ha? What the hell are you talking about?" Kageyama barked back with an equally as annoyed tone.

Immediately sensing the tension, Daichi wastes no time in getting between the 1st years troublemakers. "Now, now, don't fight before the match even starts."

Both 1st years seemed to tense as their captain tried to play peacemaker in between them. A chill ran down their spine before begrudgingly separating and settling for a glare. Daichi noticed the obedience and gave their backs a pat before walking back to Sugawara who stood near the stage.

Just as the captain stopped walking, the gym doors opened causing all eyes to go to the newcomer. A smile appeared on Daichi's face only to turn into a confused one once he noticed a white-haired student standing there instead of the other first years he was waiting on.

"Has the match started yet?" The white-haired teen asked with a small quiet huff, his eyes droopy as he looked around the gym in search of something.

"By match... you don't mean the 3v3, do you?" Sugawara spoke up slowly as he stared at Daichi in confusion. In turn, the captain could only shrug before turning back to the taller teen in front of him. "Are you sure you aren't mistaking us for another sports club?"

The white-haired teen seemed to blink in thought before staring at Daichi in confusion. "This is the volleyball club, right?" He said as he scratched his cheek.

"I mean it is but..."

"Then there's no problem." The white-haired teen cut the 3rd year off before walking past both Daichi and Sugawara. As he did so, he was immediately blocked by a certain setter who practically sparkled in excitement.