Chapter 7

After the dreaded wait for the school day to end, it was finally dismissal time for the volleyball players as they all gathered at the front of the school with Takeda-sensei and a rented bus in front of them.

"Line up!" Daichi yelled before bowing at the teacher in gratitude, an action that was soon followed by all the other members. 

"Thank you!" They all yelled.

At the side, [Name] merely watched them with a neutral expression before following them inside the bus once they started heading in. He was about to go to the very back in order to have a larger space to sleep on, but a hand tugging him down to a seat prevented him.

"You're sitting right where I can see you." Kageyama spoke firmly, assuming that the other might start gaming in the middle of their travel and get himself a headache. [Name] wanted to retort but decided against it due to not having enough energy to argue.

"Fineee." He sighed before sitting on the not-so-comfortable seat and immediately closed his eyes, waiting for the other members to situate themselves in their own seats so that the bus can start.

At long last, they started to move causing [Name] to start drifting off ever so slightly. Just as he was on the border of falling asleep, the kind where you're dreaming but is still sort of conscious, Hinata and Tanaka started conversing.

Faintly, he could hear Tanaka offering Hinata a snack before shuffling was heard.

"Would be it okay if I opened the window?" He heard Hinata's voice faintly within his dream before jolting up in shock when a scream was suddenly heard from the very back of the bus.

"Stop the bus!"

Turning to look behind his seat, [Name] felt his nose scrunch up as a pungent smell spread inside the bus. Everyone had varying emotions shown on their faces as they let out separate remarks about the situation.

"What the..." 

"Oh no..." 

"This is bad.."

At the very back of the bus laid both Hinata and Tanaka from defeat. Tanaka had his mouth wide open from shock as he held the pants with vomit up a bit. Hinata on the other hand was just slumped down on his seat, his body looking pretty lifeless from where [Name] sat.

Turning his head to the other first years that sat a few rows from him, the white-haired teen could see an amused smirk on Tsukishima's face as he continued to listen to his music. Unlike his partner though, Yamaguchi looked a bit disturbed and panicked at the scene happening at the back.

Sighing, [Name] sat back properly on his seat and closed his eyes.

"How annoying.' He thought before falling asleep in the middle of the chaos happening inside the bus.

Opening his eyes, [Name] blinked tiredly as he stared straight at a giant grandfather clock, the long arms of the said clock ticking as each second passed. Everything around him was a lot bigger than it should but it all felt so normal.

"There you are." A voice called from behind him but he couldn't be bothered to look up, his eyes still strangely glued to the clock. It felt strange, he couldn't move his body, all he could do was sit and look at the ticking hands with a strange form of fascination.

Strangely, he felt hands pick him up and situate him on a couch not too far away from the clock. No matter the movement though, it did not break his concentration as he continued to stare forward.

As he felt time pass forward, a hand started to stroke the top of his head in a familiar manner before the person doing the action spoke.

"Up."