Chapter 57

I'll be busy for a long while but I still want some entertainment so comment down your headcanons/ideas for any of the Bluelock fanfiction I have. It could be from Unpolished, Besotted, Cold Cold Cold, Enchanted, Tie a Knot, or anything. 

______________

Due to the common rivalry between Barou and [Name], the teams they came from had no other choice but to go against each other despite the coaches already arranging a prior match rotation for all of them. Takeda and Keishin ended up apologizing profusely for [Name]'s stubbornness but everyone else was pretty alright with it, saying that Karasuno and Fukurodani would've gone against each other anyway.

The teams that were currently on break gathered around the area where Karasuno and Fukurodani would have their match with interest swirling in their eyes. They're quite curious about how the team of crows would be playing.

What was expected to be just a quick match, the winner being decided by whoever reaches set point first, turned into a lot longer as they kept entering a deuce, courtesy of their respective egoists which seemed to be a lot more pumped up than usual.

Both [Name] and Barou were hungrily devouring each other in this match. Neither of them realized just how starving they were for an egotistical opponent until they encountered one after so long. It was a rejuvenating feeling.

By the time Hinata and Kageyama arrived at the venue the away games were taking place, they were greeted by the sight of Karasuno going toe to toe against Fukurodani's team. The scores were currently nearing the 30s mark as they tied each other at an equal standing of 28 points.

"Left!" [Name] yelled as he began running to the net from the left wing. Sugawara nodded as he wasted no time in bumping the ball in his direction.

"Fall back!" Barou grunted in disdain as he watched the focus-filled genius soar up from where he stood with a high jump. The ball spun down quickly to their side of the floor at an angle but Barou was skilled enough to react in time and get it up before they lost the point. "I'm not letting you get any more points! We're winning this!"

"Tch." [Name] merely clicked his tongue as he fell back down, his teammates preparing themselves to defend as Fukurodani's setter prepared for an attack.

Due to their utmost focus in this intense match, no one seemed to have noticed the arrival of the freak-quick duo. Both their eyes were wide at the high-level play being displayed by [Name] and Barou, excitement filling them as they immediately rushed over to where the coaches and a few players were watching from.

"Coach!" Kageyama called as he stopped beside Keishin with Hinata following closely behind him. The coach seemed to startle for a moment, his trance from the match breaking, as he realized that their missing players were finally here.

"You made it!" Takeda exclaimed as he approached the duo. Tanaka, who had noticed Hinata and Kageyama, couldn't help but sigh in relief at the fact that they arrived in one piece. His eyes searched the area and found Saeko, his sister, giving him a thumbs-up from the door.

He reciprocated the thumbs-up with a stressed smile before turning back to the intense match in front of him.

"Well, well, aren't you guys fashionably late?" Kuroo commented with a smirk on his face as he approached them with crossed arms, his eyes flickering rapidly as he didn't want to miss anything from the current ongoing match. "I'd say the stars of the show have finally arrived but unfortunately, your roles have already been filled up by those two over there." He jabbed a thumb over to [Name] and Barou glaring at one another as both team's scores officially reached the 30s.