Chapter 24

The scores were 15-18 with Nekoma still in the lead. While Karasuno was still behind, the score gap was closer now thanks to [Name] scoring right after Hinata fumbled in his attempts to spike with his eyes open.

'One more time!' Kageyama thought as he sent another toss in Hinata's direction. The ginger watched the other side intently as he gave his utmost focus. He winded his arm back before striking as hard as he could.

'Eh?' Hinata blinked dumbly as his hand met nothing but air. 

'Damn, my toss was a bit too high.' Kageyama gave a scowl as the ball went flying downwards on their side. Thankfully, Daichi was quick to react as he barely managed to get the ball back up.

"Captain!" Hinata yelled in surprise as he landed back down. Even Asahi and Nishinoya were gaping at the sudden save. [Name] was just [Name] as he watched from his spot.

"Nice cover for that toss, Daichi!" 

The ball barely managed to go over the net and fall to Nekoma's side.

"It's in!"

"Front!"

Inuoka was quick to slide on the floor in order to prevent the ball from landing on their side. The ball went up as his teammates gave him compliments.

"Nice, Inuoka!"

"Tora." Kenma walked over to where the ball was going to land and set it up for Yamamoto who was calling for the toss. 

"Everyone, ready!" Daichi called as he dragged [Name] and Hinata with him to do a triple man block. "One, two.." They bent their knees and got ready for the upcoming spike.

Yamamoto spiked the ball only for it to ricochet back into their side as Karasuno managed to block his attack. Kai quickly ran to the front in order to save the ball last second.

"Kai, nice cover!"

"Kenma gimme one more!" Yamamoto yelled at the running setter. Without another word, Kenma set the ball up again for the ace like he did earlier.

"Even if they say our offensive strength is average," Yamamoto took a few steps before leaping up with his arms ready to spike. "I'm still Nekoma's Ace!" He proclaimed loud and clear as he hit the ball with all his strength.

Daichi, fell back a bit seeing as how his hands had taken the most impact the most impact of the spike. "The ball!" Daichi yelled as he looked back to see no one there to catch it.

"Got it." [Name]'s cool voice was suddenly heard as he bent his feet back and caught it by the heel of his shoe. Everyone's eyes widened as the ball went flying back over to Nekoma's side, no one being fast enough to react to the quick save in time.

A whistle was heard signaling that the ball has dropped. 16-18.

"Damn you!" Taketora glowered at the calm and collected first year once he landed on his feet like nothing ever happened. His cool ace moment was ruined just as he said his title with much confidence.

[Name] simply stuck out a tongue at the other with the blankest look ever causing Yamamoto to run over and sulk to his teammates.

"That was one cool save!" Nishinoya yelled proudly as he pounced on [Name]'s back. The lazy genius stumbled at weight as he whined for the other to get off. "How many points have you gotten at this point?!"

Over by the bench, Nekomata was slowly piecing things bit by bit as he observed [Name]s playstyle and behavior. "What an outstanding reaction time..." Nekomata muttered catching Isagi's attention.

The striker was quick to nod proudly at that as he grinned. "He's very talented."

"Yes..." Nekomata's voice was low as he opened his eyes ever so slightly. "So talented you could almost call him a genius..."