Chapter 46

"Listen for it. Come and Give." Oikawa started with a satisfied look on his face. He knew what he had observed last night in the recording wasn't just a coincidence due to how many times it's been said. Unfortunately, he needed to confirm it before sharing and it just so happens that the crows eventually did.

"Have they figured it out?" Sugawara asked from the side as he kept an eye on the huddled-up members of Aoba Johsai. Hinata, who had been sipping on his drink, stopped momentarily as he stared at the opposite team.

"That was fast," Kageyama grumbled through gritted teeth.

"At first, I wondered why the little squirt cried out as he ran in. I thought he might be a little dim. But with a demon toss, when he calls for the ball, you always hear 'Come.'" Oikawa continued on explaining his observation, trying to justify his claim despite his team already willing him without any explanations.

"Then for a normal toss...he says 'Give.' But his real talent is as a decoy. If we keep our eyes on him all the time, we'll be playing right into their hands. I'm sure you've already seen the abilities the other members can do." Oikawa glanced behind him slightly as his eyes looked over the Karasuno members. Lifting up a hand, he raised two fingers. "Let's set some rules..."

"Don't be so glum! it's not like you!" Nishinoya and Tanaka were quick to rush to their junior with supportive smiles once they noticed the bummed-out expression he had on his face.

"Oikawa-san sure is perceptive..." Yamaguchi mumbled meekly as he slowly approached where [Name] stood with a towel and water bottle in his hands. The white-haired teen looked at the items in the other's hands before pointing at himself curiously.

Yamaguchi gave a small, embarrassed nod as he looked to the side, his hands outstretched with the items. He really, really, wanted to be friends with [Name]. He was just so...cool despite being nonchalant about everything.

"Thanks." [Name]'s words sounded a bit surprised as he slowly walked over to grab the items from the other's hands. He gave a grateful nod as he took slow sips of the water.

A small silence resonated between the duo as they spent a couple of seconds just staring at Seijoh converse amongst themselves.

"What do you think they're talking about?"

"I'm pretty sure they've figured out the little trick Hinata and Kageyama have been using." [Name] responded without much emotion, a complete contrast to Yamaguchi's now shocked expression.

"Eh?! Really? What are you going to do now then?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows. "They're hard enough to counter as it is..."

"We'll be fine. Karasuno's not weak." He spoke the words confidently. His eyes narrowed down seriously as he gave Yamaguchi a side glance."Besides, I'm here."

The freckled teen seemed to blink at the statement before a mellow laugh fell from his lips. A kind smile was present on his face as he faced [Name] properly. "You sure are confident, huh?" He mumbled softly.

"Of course, I am," [Name] replied after one last sip of his water. The whistle, signaling the resumption of the match, was blown causing him to quickly place down his items.

Walking forward, he followed the others back to the court.

"After all, that's just how egoists are."

"Buggy!" Hinata randomly screamed as he failed to receive the spike that headed for him dead on. 

"What the hell is buggy?!" A voice, which was most definitely Kageyama's, screamed out in frustration. The ginger was quick to shriek as he ran away from the setter.