Chapter 52

"HAGHHHH!" A pained yell escaped Tanaka's lips dramatically, his shout reverberating inside their team's club room, causing everyone to turn and look at him curiously. "Oikawa is featured in the volleyball monthly. They even put his picture in it!" True to his words, a giant picture of Oikawa was displayed in the magazine that the outside hitter held.

"That's not surprising since he's one of Japan's top players," Sugawara pointed out, not at all bothered by this, unlike Tanaka.

"Yeah, but we beat their team! That should count for something, right? Shouldn't we get a shout-out in here too?!" Tanaka argued stubbornly as he continued to make a fuss, his eyes staring intently at the paper as if new words would start appearing if he stared hard enough.

[Name], who had been changing his clothes, merely stayed quiet, his mind floating as he dozed off occasionally despite standing up. "What are they talking about this time?" He yawned with mild disinterest.

"Just some volleyball magazine that has Oikawa in it," Tsukishima answered simply as he took another gaze at the rambunctious group of their teammates before turning back to fixing his clothes and items.

"Hm." [Name] nodded as his eyes turned to listen in on the ongoing conversation behind them.

"So what does it say?" Sugawara asked as he leaned closer towards Tanaka.

"Let me see..." Tanaka brought the magazine closer to his face as he read the small text beside the giant picture of Oikawa. "Oikawa's favorite food is milk bread. His motto is...if you're going to hit it, hit it until it breaks?" Tanaka finished off with disbelief in his voice.

Obvious annoyance and anger were shown on both Tanaka and Nishinoya's faces at the words the former had just read in the magazine.

"What's with that?" Sugawara sighed before Nishinoya leaned closer to hover over Tanaka's shoulder.

"We don't need to know that!" The libero yelled at the inanimate object as if it was at fault that they had to hear some stupid facts about Oikawa.

"huh?" Tanaka blinked as he flipped a page and saw a picture of the third-years in Seijoh's volleyball team. "In order to defeat Shiratorizawa, Aoba Johsai will retain the seniors in its starting line-up." He said the text out loud.

"That's dumb." [Name] said out loud as he moved closer to the group, causing them to turn to him. "Why would they focus on beating Shiratorizawa if they can't even beat us?"

"Damn, right!" Nishinoya snickered at the words as he lifted a hand for a high-five. [Name] blinked at the other for a second before slapping their palms together.

"All right! Bring it on. Seijoh!" Tanaka suddenly became fired up as he pulled on the magazine, letting his anger out on the inanimate object. Someone, please save it from these players.

"Bring it on!" Hinata echoed his senior's words, not entirely understanding but fully supportive of the action.

"Hey, you're going to rip it!" Sugawara was quick to jump in and smack Tanaka in the face, causing him to fall and let go of the magazine. Justice has finally been served for the poor magazine.

"Gosh!" The senior setter sighed as he picked up the magazine himself and opened it on a random page. "Oh, it's Ushiwaka." He stated out loud as a giant body picture of the Ace stood proud in the middle of the magazine.

"Japan?" Hinata yelled in surprise as he saw the name on the jersey Ushijima was wearing.

"Hey!" Daichi called out as he suddenly opened the door to their club room. "Come out now, you guys. We're going for a run!" He informed loudly while Asahi and Ennoshita stood behind him.