Chapter 55

With how busy the students of Karasuno High has been the following days, it didn't feel that long before the day of the exams finally descended upon them. Despair and tiredness were visible in the faces of multiple people while a few have already accepted whatever fate they may receive after the exams. As for the handful of fortunate people in the school, they were pretty lax considering they knew they already did their best and expected to pass at least their exams.

The anomalies, being [Name] and Chigiri, however, could care less about this whole ordeal as they took their sweet time walking up to their classroom. Most students would rush to the classroom to do one last review but they weren't most people anyways.

"You'd think we'd never have to do this again considering Blue Lock and all, but no..." Chigiri sighed apathetically as he bounded another flight of stairs along with the white-haired teen standing beside him. "Why did Ego even put us in a school of all things? It would've been so much more understandable if he just deported us to a different country with our international teams."

"Mhm." [Name] hummed in response to Chigiri's chattering, his eyes focused on his buzzing phone as he lurked in the Volleyball Club's group chat, reading but never really responding. "I know right?"

"Yeah! But considering your situation, I feel like this is marginally better than having to spend more time with Chris. That guy gives me the creeps, honestly." Chigiri shivered as he remembered that one time he encountered Manshine City's coach. While he can appreciate every sport and its nature, he was glad he wasn't playing volleyball lest he'd have to deal with the white man who's overly touchy.

"Chris is...okay." [Name] shrugged as they turned into a hallway, not having an opinion on the guy. He was good at volleyball and he could respect that. His personality though? Too obnoxious and loud, if he had to say so himself. "He's a bit annoying but it's fine, I guess."

Chigiri let out a dry laugh at the monotone voice his companion held. He'd be a bit more offended at the lack of enthusiasm if he didn't know that [Name] was just naturally soft-spoken like that. 

"Anyways, let me tell you about this thing that happened when I was in practice the other day-" Chigiri started a new topic, another smile forming on his face as he recollected how one of his teammate's feet got stuck while running and fell. While it wasn't that funny, the fact that multiple people went to help him up only to fall themselves had him cackling quite a bit.

[Name] gave a few responses, some barely being noticeable, but Chigiri could see the interest that sparkled in [Name]'s eyes whenever he turned to look at him whenever he reached the climax of whatever story he was saying. It may not be obvious but the redhead knows that the other's attention is fully on him whenever he speaks and for that, he is thankful.

"Anddddd, we're here," Chigiri announced as they headed inside the classroom, the sight of multiple stressed students greeting them. "I'd say good luck but I doubt you'd need it." He huffed as he remembered the stories Reo told him about [Name] during their time in Hakuho High School.

[Name] simply blinked at the words before nodding slowly. "Thank you?" He stated as he placed his bag down before sitting on his desk. Before anyone could even greet him, his head was already down on his arms as he readied himself to take a short nap before the teacher came.

A few students sighed in disappointment at not being able to say hello before perking up once more when they noticed Chigiri sitting down behind [Name]. The redhead was much more eager to entertain his classmates and that's what he ended up doing the remaining time before the exams started.

[Name] gave a short yawn as he doodled boredly on his paper. The other students were still stressing over their answers while the rest were doing final revisions. He had already finished quite a while back, hence his boredom.