Danielle Van De Donk + Ellie Carpenter- I'm Here- Part 2

Daan's POV :

I rushed to sit next to Ellie, wrapping an arm around her . She cried into my shoulder, my shirt wet with her tears.

"What happened?" I whispered, whilst rubbing her back softly. She shook her head, not wanting to talk about it.  I chose to respect her decision , even though we both knew we would have to talk about it at some time.

"Home," she whispered into my ear. I understood immediately.

I stood up, gently pulling her to her feet.

I wrapped my arm around her waist. I walked her over to the car, dropping her into the passenger seat. She slumped back, tears still rolling down her face. I grabbed the blanket I had brought with me ; wrapping it around her , tucking her in. I pressed a gentle kiss on her temple, before sitting down in the driver's seat.

As I started the engine up, I glanced over. She wasn't crying anymore ; her eyes were shut. I knew she needed to sleep so I stayed silent. I was aware she had been sleeping bad recently, but she always shut down my concerns.

Roughly halfway through the drive home, she moved her hand closer to mine, indicating for me to interlock our fingers. I did so, rubbing my thumb over her knuckles gently. "I'm here," I whispered just before she fell asleep again.

Ellie's POV :

I slowly woke up, my eyes fluttering open. I looked up at Daan who was carrying me bridal style up the driveway ; her arms holding me securely. She smiled at me, pulling me  closer to her.

" Go back to sleep lievard ( darling ) " she whispered , kissing the crown of my head.