Danielle Van De Donk + Ellie Carpenter - I'm here - Part 3

2 hours later...

Ellie's POV:

I was led on the sofa in between Daan's legs , the back of my head resting on her stomach. The fire flickered subtly in front of us, a film playing faintly in the background. Daan softly stroked my hair with one hand, the other placed on top of my hand.

I shifted, turning onto my side. Daan looked down at me, realising I was awake.

Daan's POV:

Ellie smiled but I knew it was all an act.

"We need to talk." I nodded silently.

"Honestly, I don't really know what happened Daan. It was something that was always building, but I ignored it. It was like everything was dark. What was the point? Everything just ached. It was as though that little voice in my head slowly grew until I couldn't take it anymore," She told me.

Ellie's POV:

Daan sat up , gently wiping the tears I didn't realise had been flowing down my face.

Pulling me into her, she wrapped a comforting arm around me.

"I love you," she said simply.

She wasn't telling me she could fix everything immediately, we both knew that was unrealistic. But she was telling me she would be by my side for all of it.

The next day...

Daan's POV:

When I woke up , Ellie was still asleep, leaning on me. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table, careful not to wake her. I created a group chat, adding all of Ellie's close friends and family.

Daan: Hey guys 👋 I know Ellie won't make a big deal out of it, but she's been feeling down lately. I was thinking of maybe doing a group call to cheer her up. Let me know your thoughts x

Immediately, I was showered with a positive response. We agreed to start the call in 30 minutes.

"Baby," I whispered in her ear. She nuzzled into my neck, refusing to move .

"You need to get ready and have breakfast. I have a surprise for you."

30 minutes later...

Daan's POV:

I walked into the living room with my laptop, sitting next to my girlfriend. She watched in curiously as I logged into Skype.

Her jaw literally dropped as everyone's faces filled the screen. Her eyes glazed over as more and more joined.

She turned to face me, "did you plan this?" She asked , smiling.

I nodded. She flung her arms around my neck, kissing my cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you too."
Authors note : Although I don't personally know any of you guys , I just wanted to say if you ever feel like Ellie does in this chapter, please talk to someone. I know from personal experience how hard life can be , but I promise it will get better. And if you have no one to talk to, please don't hesitate to talk to me. My messages are always open.