Beth + Viv : Euros

" Viv, " Beth breathed through the phone. She had been concerned after hearing that Viv had possibly caught covid.

"Lievard, " Viv smiled weakly through the phone, her face creased with exhaustion.

"So? What came up in the test, " Beth demanded impatiently, worry clouding her face.

"Positive. I have bloody covid, " Viv sighed. Beth's face dropped, her eyes soft and caring.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I'm fine Beth. I'm just feel tired, that's all."

"I'm sorry honey. "

"Don't be. I'm fine, really I am," Viv was unconvincing, her head dropping into her lap. A single tear trickled down her cheek.

Skip to after the Netherlands are knocked out of the tournament.

"Oh Viv," Beth whispered under her breath ; watching through the screen as her girlfriend dropped to the floor.

"She'll be ok Bea , " Leah told her , pulling Beth in for a hug.

"Why though ? Why would they make her play the whole match. She's only just back from Covid? Stupid coach"

2 hours later...

Beth paced up and down her hotel room, anxiously waiting. Suddenly, her ringtone pierced the silence. Pressing accept immediately, Viv's face filled the screen.

" Viv, are you okay? Please tell me your ok? That was torture baby. I just want to hold you and never let go. I'm sorry, you didn't deserve to lose. Are you ok?" Beth rambled.

"I'm fine. I don't want to talk about it. I just want to be with you. I'll be at your semi-final." Viv wore no emotion, just exhaustion.

"That's really not necessary Viv. I understand. Your knackered. I get it sweetheart."

"Honey, I'm coming, " Viv was certain.

After England have won the final...

As the final whistle blew, Viv jumped up and down along with Beth's family. She watched as June sobbed alongside her husband, before pulling Viv into a deep and meaningful hug.

"Look after her Viv. I won't be here for much longer. I need you to take care of her. "

"Don't be silly June. You'll be okay , " Viv was adamant.

June just smiled sadly, watching on as Beth celebrated with her teammates.

After the trophy lift, and the collection of her two personal awards, Beth made a beeline for her family. Staggering into her mother and father's arms, she wiped her tears hastily.

Directing her gaze openly at her mother, she whispered " For you, Mum."

Collapsing into sobs, she pulled her brother in close. Her eyes connected with Viv as she gazed at her over Ben's shoulder. Viv just smiled back, her eyes tearing up slightly, before she slowly turned and walked away, not wanting to expose their currently secret relationship.

Waiting in the dressing room, she knew Beth would be following. Sure enough, she soon heard the door open. She looked up to see her lover standing shyly in the doorway, twisting the ribbon of her medal around her fingers.

Viv smiled opening her arms for her girlfriend. Beth stumbled into them, her head fitting snugly into Viv's chest. Beth looked up, her crystal blue eyes sparkling with tears. Viv just smiled back down at her, her eyes wrapped around her lover's shoulders. Beth openly weeped, emotions overwhelming her.

Viv stepped back, her hands sliding down Beth's waist, whilst Beth wrapped hers around Viv's neck. Beth moved forward, pressing her forehead against the other's. Slowly, her grin deepened, her smile becoming pure. Stroking Beth's cheeks between her hands, Viv moved one hand to the small of Beth's back. Leaning down, their lips connected, emotion to emotion, passion to passion, ecstasy to ecstasy.

They pulled apart cheeks flushed. Viv sat down, pulling Beth into her lap. Her hands rested on Beth's thigh and waist. Leaning forward, Viv pressed her body flush against Beth.

Kissing her cheek, she heard the flash of a camera go off, just as she whispered " I'm so proud of you my love, my champion."