Next to you, the skies are blue - Beth Mead and Danielle Van De Donk

Snuggled into her blanket on the sofa, Beth was slowly drowning in sorrow. With no one to stop her, her mind was spiralling into turmoil. Rona lay near her feet, sighing softly in her sleep until suddenly she sat up barking bluntly.

Sighing dejectedly, Beth stood up and opened the front door.

Daan was there. Daan. Was. There

"Dani. Your not supposed to be her until the weekend. What are you doing here? Why aren't you in Lyon? " Beth whispered into the darkness.

" I heard about your mum being hospitalized. I'm here for you Beth," she stepped into the doorway, reaching her hand to cup Beth's cheek.

"Me?" Beth's voice was wobbly.

Daan nodded, taking charge of the situation. Wrapping an arm around Beth's waist she locked the front door and guided them to the sofa.

Sitting opposite Beth, she took her girlfriends hands in her own.

"How are you lievard?" Daan's voice was soft and careful. The love in her voice tipped Beth over the edge. Sobs wracked her body as Daan pulled her into her side, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, kissing her temple and stroking her hair.

Beth's sobs ceased and she burrowed her face into Daan's hoodie, fisting the material in her hand.

Daan wiped the tears from her face, kissing every drop from her face.

Taking a deep breath, Beth sat up " Can we sit on the balcony and just watch the sunset?"
Daan nodded pulling Beth to her feet.

Picking up a blanket she followed Beth outside.

Sitting next to Beth, who immediately snaked her arms around Daan's waist, laying her head in the crook of Daan's neck. She started to sob silently.

Daan leant down kissing softly around Beth's forehead, eyes, nose and down to her mouth. She finished next to her ear tickling her softly. Beth giggled softly. shifting closer to Daan.

Beth's eyes were sparkling but she still smiled.