The Wrath Of Benjamin Franklin

ᴊᴜɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏɴᴅ ʙᴏʏ

james' p.o.v.

i decided i'd pretend i was actually asleep while i listened to russell and his friends talk. "fuck." i grumbled quietly when the crowd got too loud for me to hear.

"are you kidding man? she won't let up!" i heard russell laugh. "ben franklin says she will." i saw one of his friends pull a hundred dollar bill out of his wallet.

"you're on."

"damnit." i hissed, dropping the fake-asleep act and jumping off the couch. why, russell? why must you be this stupid? i walked off in search of june before i felt a tap on my shoulder. i turned to see russell.

"jimmy, right? you're june's neighbor?" he asked, swirling his red solo cup around.

"james."

"right, right. can we talk, james?" he asked, waving me over to the front door. i warily followed him out to the front porch. "so june, huh? she's a sweetheart." he said.

"yeah, and if you plan on pulling somethin' i'm gonna—"

"gonna what? send your daddy's boys to my place?" he cut me off. "oh, nevermind." he tapped his temple. "i forgot your dad ran out on you and your freak of a mother."

i clenched my jaw and balled my fist hard until my knuckles turned white. i wouldn't give in. there's no way i'd throw the first punch knowing who his parents were.

"nah, man. i'll get my uncles boys." i rolled my tongue on my cheek when i saw his grin falter. he knew exactly who my uncle was. his pot dealer. "oh, speaking of which, june isn't too fond of underage smoking and drinking."

"your uncle and my dad won't get along too well." he sucked in air through his teeth. of course he'd pull the my father is a big deal card.

i chuckled bitterly. "what's your deal, man? is it just to get in her pants?"

"oh, no." he waved me off. "been there, done that. done better." he shrugged.

are you shitting me, june? russell buckins?

i ignored the twinge of jealousy and annoyance with june that his words sent through me. this guy really knew which buttons to push.

"oh, come onnnn, hetfield! i know you wanna do it." he stood in front of me. "c'mon, right here, one punch." he pointed to his face. smug prick. he must think i'm stupid. although, i guess that's a good thing, right?

stumped. i was stumped. i wasn't about to fight this guy, but i didn't want to let him off that easily. "takes a while to get all the way to north from here right? so its probably best you be on your way so you don't miss your curfew." i said.

he chuckled dryly before putting his face in mine again. "you breathe a word of this to june, and i swear to god hetfield, i'll make sure you never see her pretty little face again." i couldn't believe his words. "and yes, that is a threat." he said before walking down the steps to leave.

"no, it's a bet, right?!" i shouted as he walked down the driveway to his cadillac. after he sped off into the distance, i took a deep breath and shook my hands. i couldn't deny the anxiety his words left me with.

i'll make sure you never see her pretty little face again

with that, i swung the front door open and searched for june. my eyes landed on her long blonde curls and i sped up toward her.

"june, i gotta talk to you." i said, pulling her shoulder so she'd turn to face me. she gave me a weird look and i realized i must've been a little rough. "about?" she blinked at me.

"russell."

she sighed. "i'm not talking about this again."

"no, i'm serious, it's—"

"j, come on!" hayden pulled her away. fuck.

i rubbed my temples and groaned at the headache all this bullshit has given me. i wanted to go home but i knew i couldn't just leave june in arms reach of those north-side sleazes, so i found an empty bedroom and fell asleep, making sure to leave the door open so june could find me.

june's p.o.v.

"hetfieldddd, where the fuck are you?" i groaned, roaming around the large house that was now empty besides the few sleeping teenagers. i walked through a hallway and stopped abruptly at one of the doors that was wide open. i walked in slowly afraid that i'd walk in on somebody od'ing or getting a blowjob.

i didn't. i just found james knocked out on the bed.

i chuckled a bit and walked all the way in. "james." i said, dropping my bag on the floor to shake him. after a few shakes and smacks in the face, he woke up and looked at me with wide eyes. "what? is everything okay?" he grabbed my arms. "yeah, weirdo... everything's fine. you slept for like two hours, andddd.. you're my ride home, so get up." i said.

"oh." he fell back against the pillow. "come on." i said, picking up my bag again and pulling his hand.

a/n

short one today. sorry. I put in some weird type of Outsiders vibe in these last few chapters.. idk why

I'm hoping people understand the reference from Russell's name hehe