White Picket Fences

ᴊᴜɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏɴᴅ ʙᴏʏ
𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧

"oh my god, you're a woman!"

aunt tracy's jade eyes were glossy as happy tears filled them. i chuckled at her usual dramatic manner, pulling her into a hug. "it's only been three months!" i laughed after she pulled back.

they had just arrived in berkeley about an hour ago, checking into a hotel and rushing to the university of california so they could see my face as soon as possible, as tracy told me on the phone earlier.

"more like three million!" she sighed exasperatedly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"come on, i'll give you a tour." i giggled, leading both taylor and tracy up the cement steps that led to my sorority house.

"i really didn't take you as a sorority girl." tracy muttered, eyeing the greek letters above the front door.

understandable. i didn't either, really... all the horror stories i've heard about sorority houses had me thinking the same thing. sharing bathrooms, a personal chef, thirteen other hormonal girls... it all seemed like too much, but at the same time, i didn't want to live in a stuffy dorm room in a seven story building. plus, a personal chef sounded nice.

i'm also the type of person that has to be in a busy place, where everything else around me is moving, and living in an on-campus neighborhood of fraternities and sororities, where there were tons of people my age, outside their houses, doing whatever it is college students do when they're not partying their heads off. even though it was a little cheesy seeing the boys in their dolfin shorts with a coffee in their hands behind their picket fences every morning, it helped me stay productive, knowing that everyone else was.

i opened the heavy door to the house, stumbling back a step when a mess of black locs almost smacked me in the face. the girl let out a relieved breath when her wide eyes landed on me.

"june! my god, i couldn't find you anywhere."

"sorry, nai. this is my aunt tracy and uncle taylor." i chuckled nervously, gesturing to the two standing beside me.

nairobi was one of the girls in my house. she was usually the one to plan and set up events for the house, explaining why she seemed so stressed. she had put together a silent auction for parent's week, auctioning off a few baskets of different things, including painting supplies, self-care sets, and of course, golden bear merchandise to represent the university.

"okay, why the hell is the wine in here? i specifically said earlier, do not put the wine in the house." she hissed.

"okay, okay, it wasn't me!" i whispered lowly. "abby was the one who put it there. i told her not to, but she just refused!" i quickly defended.

she groaned, rolling her eyes and stomping over to abby.

i introduced them to some more of the girls and gave them a brief tour of the house. "bathroom, laundry, boring stuff..." i muttered, lazily gesturing my hand to the open doors.

we exited one of the hallways, coming to the large, floor-to-ceiling length window that displayed the backyard. "this is our backyard..." i pointed to the wooden planks over the pool. "that used to be a pool, but people would jump off the roof, so..." i pursed my lips together, glancing up at the roof.