Part 3: The Unsettling feeling

Lance fiddled with the tech in his room to busy messing with it not even bothering to hear his bedroom doors open to reveal Pidge who was looking for him only to see he was messing with something that she couldn't see. He seemed too busy messing with it to notice her so she made her way over to see what he was messing with and saw it was tech, a grin stretched across her face and a playful aggression made her jump at him making him shriek in surprise at being jumped on only to find the shortest member of Voltron grinning at him like a fool. "Pidgeon!" he yelled as she cackled and jumped off him and he chased her around the room before finally grabbing her and lifting her up under the arms like a cat being shown to their mother while young as a child. 

"What the hell man!" he glared and she cackled again "Someone has been interested in tech" he huffed a glare and put her down, "So? Not like I'm that interested in it" he grumbled lowly as she rolled her eyes "Yeah right, liar. Anyways," he raised an eyebrow at her "What?" what was the real reason she was here "Allura has decided for an undercover mission for you" with his eyebrow still raised at her, she continued. "She wants you to gather some information from the Galra while remaining in contact with us, for your safety and to get the information" okay he was confused, flexible as he may be and a great shot, he wasn't really good at hand-to-hand combat that was mostly Keith's part since he was incredibly good at it and so was Shiro. He's just the sharpshooter why give him an undercover mission? "Now I'm confused, why didn't she send like Keith or Shiro? They're more suited for that plus I don't have a metal arm full of Galra technology to activate anything" he explained flatly "Also I'm just a guy with a gun who can shoot pretty damn well, what makes her think I'll make this come with good results?" he asked as she shrugged "That, I don't know but what I do know is that she's pretty confident you can do it, though the others did have a few say and so's including myself but I'm sure you can complete it. Think of it as a why to finally put that teaching I taught you into motion but it seems you were already doing that" she grinned as he glared at her "Shut up you saw nothing" snorting she pat his shoulder "Yeah, I'm not blind nice try. Come on" he grumbled as he followed her out of his room to find out more on this undercover mission.

---

Once he was changed after being filled in, he left in a pod thought it would be quicker with Blue, it was better he go in something a little bit different to not draw too much attention to him but he highly doubted that. Pidge spoke through the comms while he messed around with making some codes that he wasn't planning to share with anyone, okay maybe one or two with his favorite know it all's for hard times, Coran, Pidge and Hunk. Perfect people to give a few codes to that will ultimately give away how interested in tech he's become when he made it clear before he wasn't exactly a tech junkie but he is now, he admits it.

Getting close to the cruiser after a while of just flying to the coordinates he positioned the pod somewhere hidden and went into the ship, "Oh man, why couldn't she have just chosen someone else? I already have a bad feeling about this!" he gritted quietly as he went into the vents and closed the cover behind him as sentries passed by on Patrol, he just hoped they didn't find the pod in the Cargo. Climbing through the somewhat cramped vents as quietly as possible he listened to Pidge ramble about things through the turned down comm "Pidge quit your rambling and tell me where I gotta go" he whispered, Pidge huffed through the comms making him roll his eyes at her. "Take a left then head straight and take a right at the crosswalk." she told him as he followed the given directions "Hunk's not with you is he?" he whispered into his comm taking a left into a different vent and slid down then continued forward "No, he's helping Coran with some castle repairs so it's just you and I right now. Why?" she asked as he accidently hit his head on an upper vent making him grunt at the hit but he shook it off and took a right "I admit I became a tech junkie but if he hears that he will not let me hear the end of it and don't you dare say anything!" he heard her snicker making him quietly groan "Okay, now where?" he asked her "Almost there, straight, one right and then one more and you'll reach the bridge but you'll need to be inconspicuous if you can." he grunted at the tight space but made it and went forward and took a right then one more and made it to his destination. 

He peeked through the vent and watched as Galra moved around the bridge where the Commander or General was at the head barking out orders, he frowned, how in the hell was he supposed to gather information when the bridge is packed. 

He sighed, he hated this unsettling feeling in his stomach but he was given a job that he's gotta do so he needs to find a way to do this.

"Pidge I'm going to do something stupid" he said getting out his gun "Wait, what? Lance don't!" she yelled "I have no choice, the bridge is full so I need to improvise on how to get the download" he told her honestly and heard her groan in frustration but he could tell she was worried, he didn't blame her though because he was too. "Okay fine! Just bring your ass back safe and sound and if you need help yell for me and we'll come" she said "I will don't worry" he assured as he positioned his gun through the cracks of the vent, aiming at the first sentry he pulled the trigger hitting it and waiting for them to not look in his direction before he shot again.

Shot after shot was struck in timed shots, Lance made sure he wasn't spotted as he shot down the crew inside the bridge and then he shot the lock to keep others out. "Okay, that worked better then I expected" he said as he took off the cover of the vent. "Be careful you idiot, I'm giving you 30 minutes max to get the info and back to the castle" he rolled his eyes "If your so worried then come get me since the pod is in the cargo hold and I've been in the vents the whole time" he jumped out of the vents and made sure no one robot or person was moving before he hurried over to the console and began the download, "You know what? I will do just that, better then you getting attacked with really no weapons and you took the pod that didn't have the modifications I added to it so best to be safe then sorry" he chuckled "I'm at 60% shouldn't be to much longer" after a couple more minutes the download was finished and he took out the chip "Alright, Pidge make it quick please. I'm getting a bad feeling" he said quickly and hurried back into the vents and covered it back up and remembered which directions he came from and made his way back to the pod. "I'm hurrying as fast as I can, Allura's getting the wormhole to your location now so once I go through be in that pod so I can come and scoop you up" she explained and quickly went through the wormhole to Lance's location where the pod was hurrying towards her "Also what bad feeling did you mention?" she asked "I don't know, I felt it before I even left the castle, whatever it is, it can't be good." 

Pidge scooped up the pod in Green's mouth and went back through the wormhole ending the mission as complete.

-------

8/28/23