Part 10: The Runaway

A/N: Apologies for no updates for months, my bad!

--------

How much time has passed? Months, days? He didn't know, and he was starting to not care... his blue eyes glanced to the only open window in the door and narrowed his eyes, the prisoner clothing hung limply on his body, and the fuzzy tail next to him swished ever so slightly and curled around his ankle. He frowned; he was actually starting feel like Shiro when he came back to Earth with mostly amnesia from his time with the Galra, and he wasn't finding that to be a good thing at all. 

He's seriously lost track of how long he's been a prisoner, and his escape was getting harder to plan due to the fact that Haggar herself has him monitored for many and multiple hours until she gets her wrinkly hands on him again, he shuddered and glared at his surroundings, it's because of that stupid Prince that he's here, he'll kill him when he gets his way out of here- somehow. 

As if a thought just hit him, listening to the sounds outside his cell of both sentries and actual Galra in the flesh, his finger began tapping the sounds of metal against metal, and it wasn't quiet. Didn't Shiro do this before when they were getting the red lion? Oh great, now he's thinking of the hot leader and hot co-leader again named Shiro and Keith, he moved them from his mind to a safe place, he'd daydream about them later when he actually got out of here. 

Tapping his finger against the floor, he focused his hearing on the footsteps.

Sentries patrolled down here many times, so it was getting easier to time when and where they would step and turn down a hall near him. 

His finger kept tapping. 

He then looked from the window on the door to himself, was there anyway to change back from this? To be normal again or was he stuck like this for god knows how long?

With a sigh he turned his eyes back to the cell door, how could he possibly get out? Much less, escape the cruiser he was on, he was being transported somewhere, like always and Haggar had control on where he was being sent so where was he being transported too now? That was a good question, actually. If he was being dropped off somewhere and being led by either sentry or actual Galra, then he needed to somehow snag a blaster and get the hell to an escape pod. He didn't have Blue, so he'd have to try something different, maybe even a ship like the ones sentries use? Worth a try. 

The steps he heard ten minutes later was more sturdier and heavy, with weight added to the steps and his ears flattened to the sides of his head and narrowed his eyes. A sharp gaze on the metal cell door as he waited to see whether the footsteps would go past the cell, or walk right in. The footsteps stepped right in front of his cell and now he barred his teeth, hell fucking no. 

He could hear something on the other side and then the cell door opened, Lance of course, let out a warning growl one he thought he'd never be able to produce, kind of like Keith could, but with his stupid changes by Haggar- he basically was a walking half Altean animal. "Get up, we're here," he did the opposite and remained where he was, sitting on the floor with his teeth bared and his eyes in a narrowed glare. 

He wasn't going anywhere with these bastards. 

"I said get up," The Galran hissed, "And I'm pretty sure I don't care, I'm not moving so fuck off," Lance hissed back. He wasn't going anywhere, not with this son of a bitch or anybody.

"You don't have a say little Half-breed," The Galran gestured to the two Sentries at his side and then to Lance, they had blasters. The grin that mentally formed on Lance was immeasurable, perfect. He waited and timed it, and when the moment striked, he placed his hands on the floor and leg swept the Sentry from behind its metal legs and the Sentry crashed to the ground and the blaster it carried slid in a clatter, he snatched it and shot at the other Sentry and jumped over the Galran who used their own weapon which was a staff of some sort and Lance dodged, sliding under him and kicking up his leg in a cartwheel to his feet before locking the Galran in the cell. "I will see you later," Grinning and giving a wink, Lance raced down the hallways shooting down any Sentries that tried to stop him and prisoners yelled in cheers as Lance raced to his freedom. He'd need to come back for them as soon as possible. 

"Galra fighter, better undetected," He muttered under his breath and jumped, sliding on his thigh in a sharp turn to the right, recon missions when they rescued prisoners from Galra cruisers gave Lance a nice mental map of where the cargo hold was, and where the fighters were located as well as the escape pods. Yanking himself to the left he slid behind a load of cargo and stalked his way towards the nearest fighter that he could see, but he had to wait a few seconds before he could actually sneak on so lightly tapping his finger against the metal floor as he waited for the guards to pass by before making his move and hurried into the cockpit.

He's never flown one of these, but now was not the time to worry about that.

Powering it up, the screens blinked to life in Galra purple and he grabbed the controls, yanking them back and soon everyone in the cargo hold realized something was up but Lance didn't give them time to get their chicken heads on straight before firing at them once he got where that was and fired off a hole into the starboard side of the cruiser, creating a space vacuum and slid out into open space. 

Avoiding fighters getting close to him, he gladly took his happy ass out of the area until they could no longer catch sight of him.

------

3/17/24