Part 8: Taken

Now if Lance wasn't pissed before he was now, Pidge was the culprit from yesterday's debacle if her constant snickering and amusing grin after he found her wasn't a clear ass giveaway. "I hate you gremlin how could you do that to me!?" he hissed lowly at her to not grab attention from the others who were currently debriefing on a new mission they were about to do. "Please, the sexual tension between you three is unbelievable" he wanted to strangle her so bad right now because she was asking for it. "I will kill you one day" he muttered "I'd like to see you try blue boy" "Fucking gremlin" he growled at her turning away as he did so in annoyance she only snickered, curse you, Holt.

She only cackled earning a side glance from Keith that went ignored by Lance since he was still annoyed with Pidge that he completely missed the red paladins' glance at them. They were at the back of the group, so he had to turn his head a bit. Since yesterday Keith's noticed something a bit different with both Lance and Shiro, how they would suddenly get embarrassed when they were close to one another or how they would look away from each other after a solid five minutes and pretend they didn't just look at each other. Now that irked him just a little because he was curious and confused but he'd get it out of them one way or another and they knew he'd get it out of them. But he was curious on why they were acting like this; they weren't acting this embarrassed with each other before, but this all started yesterday. And he thinks Pidge has something to do with it because Lance gave her a glare and that resulted in her cackling then he gave them a side glance. 

Curiosity can be evil as hell. 

"--lright so, we sneak in, cover ground and gather intel then get back out?" Shiro's voice made Keith snap out of his thoughts and look forward at Allura's nod. "However, I suggest caution, despite us looking into the distress signals we've received, it's best we stay careful and on our toes. We cannot be led astray and be blinded" she said grimly earning some agreements, but her attention turned to Lance making him straighten a bit out of his annoyed glare at Pidge "And that means no fooling around and get curious" he whined at that "How can I not get curious?!" he defended but her pointed stare made him pout instead "No fooling around, get in and get out. That's it and come back in one piece should you run into trouble." she told him, and he huffed a sigh "Fine." he may have drawled it out, but he agreed, nonetheless. Deeming that satisfied, she ordered them to their lions but for some reason, Keith had a sinking dread filling his stomach and judging from the quick glance at Lance's face is that he wasn't alone in that department. 

Settling down in his pilot seat once he got there he and the others settled out towards the planet, from what they gathered from Pidge, there was a base down there that could hold intel on their next target and further their job into stopping Zarkon and freeing the universe from him. All in easy baby steps but it was too slow for Keith's liking. "Anyone else getting a bad feeling or is it just me?" Keith asked aloud "No, I'm with you" Lance agreed, "Still the same feeling from before Lance?" Pidge asked directly at Lance, he's had a bad feeling before it seemed. "Definitely if not a bit more intense" he admitted and that alone set Keith's nerves on edge. 

What the hell.

"Alright everybody stay alert, if possible don't separate unless absolutely needed" Shiro's voice said cautiously and Keith never disagreed once, once Keith got a bad feeling, his instincts went haywire. Haywire instincts were usually never a good thing, it meant something was going to happen whether you were ready or not. Still even as they approached, Keith remained cautious for any signs of something out of the ordinary but not like anything in space technically was ordinary, there was always something waiting to try and kill them. 

He could hear Pidge teasing Lance about something over the comms in his helmet and the sassy snappy replies of the Cuban. He forced himself not to chuckle, but Shiro ended up not succeeding and Hunk was just plain out laughing. At least even with the looming dread of a bad feeling, he could count on the green and blue paladins to keep the humor going despite their circumstances.