Part 12: Compromise

"Lance," Lance looked up from the computer that Matt let him borrow, "Yeah?" he tilted his head curiously, "I think we should go to Voltron, maybe I can locate my sister" Lance blinked, "Matt, Pidge is apart of Voltron, she's the Green Paladin. But I am not going, anywhere they go I avoid that location and just broadcast locations from a channel I made and let them take care of it," Lance flatly denied that suggestion. "You're a tech junkie?" Matt asked amused and Lance glared, "Pidge started it and I... may have acquired the skills to become one, but don't make fun of me or I'm kicking your culo" "I have no idea what that word means," Lance rolled his eyes, "It means ass in Spanish" Lance replied, "Huh, maybe I'll use that against Pidge sometime" Matt laughed and Lance once again rolled his eyes. He really was a dork like Pidge said he was.

"Let's go" Lance raised a brow at him, "Where?" he asked, "Voltron," Matt replied, "Oh hell no! You will never--"

"I'm so going to kill you," He's only known the Holt brother for 13 hours and he already wants to kill him. "Nah, I don't think Pidge would let you," Well, she wouldn't but Lance doesn't care. "I'm dropping you off at the castle then I'm getting my ass out of there, they don't know that I was prisoner for who knows how long and physically changed into this" his tail thumped against the floor, and he lightly glared at it, he sometimes forgot he even had it. "Well, how do they take incoming ships into this castle you mentioned?" Matt wondered, "We don't exactly accept just random ships for landing, but the moment we get close, you need to take control of the ship so I can hide. They can't see me so pretend you're alone on this ship which I'll have you know is mine!" Matt rolled his eyes, "I'm well aware it's yours because of the make-shift bed over there in the corner," He gestured his thumb over his shoulder to the make-shift bed of Lance's. 

"Shut up man, look, if we can catch them before they wormhole, you'll have a chance to see Pidge again. Me on the other hand is going to go far away from them to keep my sanity, I already have Lotor on my ass looking for me I don't need Allura just shipping me off to him if she literally mistakes me as an actual Galra," he really didn't need to be back in Lotor's hands. "The Galra Prince?" by the way Lance's shoulders slumped that meant yes, "Okay look, what really happened for you to even be changed like this?" Matt leaned against the dash and looked at Lance with his arms crossed, "Voltron and I were doing a scavenger mission on a base, Pidge and I split up and I, not realizing that once again, didn't know Lotor was at that base he managed to knock me out and take me, don't remember much but next thing I know is waking up in pain in a cell and realized my skin was blue. The bastard has something to do with it but Haggar's the main reason I'm completely changed like this," He hated how he was a half-breed, and one like Lotor mind you, well- minus the Human blood that Lance was born with, but did he even have any of his Human appearance more? He's got his personality, and his brain wasn't tampered with but seriously what did he really have left? 

"Wonder what he wants with you," Lance shrugged, "Whatever the reason is, he keeps going after me specifically, my guess was the cruiser I was last on before I escaped was to transfer me to from Haggar to him. Oh, I'm so getting yelled at by Pidge whenever I brave it enough to go near her like this," Lance whined and rambled before an alarm came to life and the pair looked at the dash, "Shit, take the controls now!" Lance bolted out of the pilot's seat and crammed himself as far under the dash as possible and Matt sighed, taking the seat and the controls in his hands. Pressing a few buttons allowing the communication to go through, "Hailing unidentified ship, this is Voltron. Who is this?" Shiro. Lance has never felt so happy and so terrified to hear his voice before. "Shiro? Shiro it's Matt," Matt responded, surprise in his voice. "Matt? Pidge! It's Matt," Shiro's voice rang throughout the cockpit, "Matty?! Oh my god your alive, I WAS GOING TO MURDER YOU WHEN I DIED IF YOU DID YOU BASTARD!!!" Lance snickered and Matt paled, "Oi! Don't murder me woman or I am telling mom!" He warned, "I WILL DO WITH OUT WITHOUT HER PERMISSION! YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME, WHERE'S DAD?" she asked, and Matt sighed, "I don't know Pidge, dad and I were separated not long after the Galra captured us, all I knew after that was Shiro escaped and well, here I am" he explained and he could hear Pidge sigh, "Hang on," the voice part of the communication went down and soon a feed came up showing his sister and his friend.

She really cut her hair.

"You grew out your hair man? I took your hairstyle" Pidge flaunted her short hair and Matt rolled his eyes, Lance again snickered under the dash quietly and Matt nonchalantly kicked him a little unnoticed and Lance smacked his leg with a glare. 

"Maybe so, but who's flaunting what?" He grinned and she flipped him off. Shiro rolled his eyes.

"Are you alone on your ship?" Shiro asked, "Yeah, now where do I land so I can give my little sister a hug because I missed her ass" Shiro chuckled, "Also I want to know why both of you have eye bags because they're very noticeable" Lance paled, mouthing to Matt, "They fucking have what?!" Matt ignored it for now, "Uh.... we'll explain when you land, I'll go grab the others and meet you in the loading bay," Matt nodded and the feed cut. "They have eyebags?!" He asked getting up from under the dash, "They did, both of them from what I could see" Had his capture affected them that much? Oh god what has he done? He should have came back to them! 

"Okay look, worry about that later but here," Lance gave him something, "A transponder?" He nodded, "When I leave you with them, you can always track more coordinates with this, I spent some time with the Rebels that gave me this ship and they gave me this as well," Matt pulled out his own, "Dude, keep yours. I'll find you with my own," Matt transferred his transponder code to Lance's. "Oh," Lance should've known that Matt had his own. 

Matt landed the ship into the loading bay and hurried to the back as Lance took the controls and waited. He could see outside the ship, so he saw when Matt got out and Pidge went and hugged him, so he took that as his cue to leave. They couldn't see him like this. They couldn't...

And he wouldn't let them. 

He powered up the ship and it hovered above ground, "You said you were alone!" Pidge's voice sounded through his cockpit, sorry Pidge. 

He thrusted the controls back and the ship backed away from them, "Bring that ship down now!" Allura ordered, "Shit," Lance grabbed his helmet and put it on just in case and hurried out into Space, Keith was already on his ass. He dodged the red lion and hurried, pushing his ships capacity as far as he could, Red fired on the engine of his ship and alarms blared constantly, "Keith stop! Don't kill him!" Matt yelled through Keith's comms from the Bridge in the castle. 

"I won't but won't same the same for Red," Keith responded, "Get him girl," Red growled and raced after Lance's ship.

 "Shit, shit, shit, shit!" Lance cursed and tumbled out of his seat when the red lion barrel rolled into his side. Oh, he is so yelling at Keith for that someday. 

"Fuck!" Red slammed into him again and his ship went spinning, flinging his stuff everywhere and making him hit the metal console a few times. "KEITH KOGANE YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!" He yelled even though Keith couldn't hear him at all. The sounds of metal crushing echoed around his ship, and he realized he was moving back to the castle, "Oh fuck, no, no, no! Stop, STOP!" 

"Keith no!"

----------

3/18/24