Part 13: Reciting a Code

Lance rested his ankles across each other, his arms tucked under his head and his boredom was infinite. He was in a holding cell, again. 

"I've had just about enough of being in a cell," he muttered, and he looked over when he felt the metal beneath him sound different and saw Matt, Matt hit something and Lance could hear him. "Let me guess, they've been wondering why you're with a Galra?" Matt huffed, "They're giving me crap about it actually, what about you in here?" he asked, "Bored out of my mind and super tired of being in cells" Lance replied. "I bet they don't want you talking to me, I can just bet it" Lance said, "You're not wrong, they think you're going to manipulate me or something," the Cuban half-breed snorted. "Please, I ain't turning out like my disowned uncle" he shrugged, "Your uncle was manipulative?" Lance nodded, "My Abuela got fed up with it, so his wife and kids left him and Abuela disowned him not long before she died of old age" honestly, that uncle was Lance's least favorite family member.

"Damn" 

"You should probably head back to them, after all we don't want them getting any weird ideas," Lance told him, "Fine, bye Lance" Lance waved him off and just stared at the bright ceiling above. What has his life come to? If his crushes ever learned of the new him that he didn't want to be, then they'd never accept his feelings which is fine, Lance will live, it's not the end of the world- universe- over a mindless crush on not one, but two people. It was fine, all was good, he'd be fine.

But not his sanity.

"Guys this is a bad idea, why are we even keeping the Galra dude in a holding cell that he could break out of at any time?" Hunk cried worriedly; they were going to interrogate their uh... prisoner... this sounded so wrong in Shiro's head he didn't like how Voltron was starting to look like the Galra with doing this. Then again, it was Allura's ship so technically he had no say in releasing him out back into Space unharmed. "I doubt it, he hasn't for three days, what makes you think he will now?" Keith raised a brow at him. "Look, he might know where Lance is, so he's our best shot of info, plus the channel I was monitoring hasn't been active for a bit" Matt wondered how they would react to learning that the Galra dude was actually the one who made the channel and was the missing Paladin.

"Weren't you guys just calling him a manipulator just a day and a half ago?" Matt raised a brow, "I said nothing of the sort," Hunk defended. "Whatever, I just want Lance back" Pidge muttered, "Arguing with him won't get you anywhere," Shiro sighed. "We haven't even started yet" Keith huffed and Shiro chopped his head, "Ow! You ass!" Keith glared at him, "Don't let your anger get the best of you" Shiro reminded, Keith rolled his eyes. "Come on," Sighing once again, Shiro followed after the Kogane to the holding cell while Allura and Coran worked on any repairs the castle needed in the meantime. 

When they entered, Lance had the blanket over his head and his tail hanging limply from the metal bed to the floor and it moved slowly like a cat's tail would when something caught their attention. Keith pressed the speaker button, "Oi, wake up," He hissed. "No, don't feel like it. Also, this bed is worse then my ships floor" Lance muttered, "That wasn't a request" Lance lifted the blanket to look at him, "And I believe the term that is really good for right now is- I don't care," he let the blanket fall back over his face. "You son of a--" Shiro's hand on his shoulder stopped him from saying more, "Look, we just want information, that's all. After that we'll leave you alone" Shiro said, "You'll let me go?" Lance lifted the blanket again just enough so they could see his face, "It's technically not my ship so I don't know," Lance deadpanned and let the blanket fall over his face once more. 

"Then no. I'm tired of being in a cell, second cell and this one is a lot more brighter!" he never realized how bright the castles lights could be once he wasn't used to it anymore. Damn, how long has it been?