XI

Genesis

"Ion know, Kamar really impressing me. It's like each attempt we make at a relationship, we get a lil better. I think maybe 20 years from na we might be stable." I smile, talking to Lambchop and Daylona at the food stamp office.

"20 years? Bitch you could be on your 3rd marriage with a house and 32 more kids by then." Lambchop smacks on her gum.

"Stop smacking that shit, it's making Mira stir." Day shushes her while holding Kamira.

I get hungry so I request $30 from Kam. Instead of accepting it he text me.

Favorite BD 🥲💙
?

Me
For food...

Me
Send it

Favorite BD 🥲💙
Ask yo other nigga to do it

Me
Already did, he don't get paid til Thursday.
Read

He declines my request making me sad. But then he sends the $30 with a note saying "U dead to me hoe."

I reply with a heart and smile.

"This why he my favorite." I mumble standing up with my purse.

"Where you going?" Lambchop asks me.

"Finna run to that KFC onna corner and get me sumn. Y'all want sumn? They ain't calling me no time soon anyway." I ask.

"Yes please, I'll pay you back when I get my check." She lies.

"Me too, I got the money." Day says honestly.

"Aight I got y'all." I nod.

...

"She so cute, how old is she?" Sum lightskin nigga with a cursive face tat above his eyebrow  asks.

"Thank you, she a month and foe days." I smile.

"You look like you got money, whatchu doin getting stamps?" Day looks at him weird.

"Oh naw, I gave my sister a ride." He says.

"THIS THE 3RD TIME THIS MONTH I BEEN DOWN HERE, Y'ALL NEEDA GET MY SHIT RIGHT!" A pregnant lady with a fat ass yells.

"That's her." He puts his head down.

"Um lemme getcho number." He asks looking nervous and rushy all of a sudden.

"Naw, lemme get yours." I take my phone out.

He gives me his number and I save it under "Food Stamp Office"

"Aight text me." He says.

"COUNTRAVIOUS!" The lady screams and he turns around, running to her.

She starts cussing him out and she smacks him upside the head with her fake Hermes purse. He snatches her bonnet off revealing sum fuzzy nappy ass braids. Security separates them and they get escorted outside.

"You know that ain't his sister right?" Lambchop laughs.

"Who else would she be?" I play dumb.