XV

Genesis

"If y'all daddy black ass don't answer his fuckin phone in the next 10 minutes, y'all might just see me go to jail." I pace around the livingroom anxiously.

"So are we going to Jevan's dad's house to get him?" Kyrie asks, holding Kamira.

"He don't got a house, he moved in his girlfriend's trailer with her and her funny looking ass kids that he treat better than his own." I correct him.

"But we not going nowhere. I'm tryna find somebody to come over here and watch y'all while I go over dere. I might just have to leave y'all here alone with you in charge." I put my hands on my head.

"What's wrong mommy?" Warrior frowns, looking up at me.

"Warrior... your brother is missing. He's in the hands of somebody I don't trust." I emphasize.

"Is he coming back?" He asks worriedly.

"I'ma get him back, soon." I nod.

"You know how to burp her, put her to sleep, make her stop crying, and change her right?" I ask Kyrie which he nods yes to.

I don't wanna go over there with the kids cuz it might be a shootout. But even tho I trust him, I think it'd be too much pressure on him. He's only 9, his siblings are a LOT to deal with. And he might hurt her on accident, he's a kid after all. It's not his responsibility.

I make a post on Facebook. "Who can watch my kids, ion know for how long. I got $300, this is URGENT!!!!"

"I'm bouta cry." I mumble, sitting down.

"It's okay." Kyrie frowns at me.

"Ain't shit okay Ri Ri, I don't want my son with that bastard, he shot me while I was PREGNANT." I lean my head back n look at the ceiling.

I feel a bunch of dey lil arms hug me and I break down crying. A few moments later I feel better and wipe my face up.

"Thank y'all." I sniffle.

"I can help Kyrie watch the babies while you leave." Amancia offers.

"I know y'all can do it but it's irresponsible of me. This neighborhood is dangerous, you never know who's watching. What if somebody break in while I'm gone and I can't come back soon enough? Even for an hour, it's too risky." I shake my head.

A knock makes me jump. I'm a lil skittish still from Wesson's lil visit. I still don't know what I'm gone do about him tryna be in Warrior's life.

I go and look out the peephole to be sure it's who I think it is. Kamar looks at me confused.

"What's wrong?" He comes in and gives me a lil hug.

"Q-tip took JJ." Vaughn answers quickly.

"How?" He scrunches his face up.

"He got into a fight at school and instead of calling me them old stupid ass hoes called his dad instead and sent him off with the nigga. I texted his ass telling him to bring my child back but you know damn well he ain't gone listen." I explain the situation.

"Who finna watch the kids?" He bends down to pick up Kaleisha.

"Um." I check my phone.

"My cousin Jaguar said she on her way here cuz she need the money. I said I'd pay whoever watch em $300." I read her response.

"You got 3 hunid?" I look up at him.

"..."

"..."

"..."