XII

Genesis

"STOP FUCKING calling me from blocked numbersss." I tell Wesson on the phone.

"Come outside." He orders.

"My- Wesson I know you don't think you finna pop up at my fuckin door." I sit up in alarm.

"Just come outside! You finna piss me off!" He yells making me hang up.

It's just me, Kaleisha, Warrior, and Kamira. Kamar ain't here and the kids at school, thank God.

If it comes to it, I'll shoot his ass. He not finna hurt me or my children ever again. The reason we broke up was because one time when he was beating my ass, Karter called him a bitch so he punched Karter in his chest.

Karter got asthma too and he went into an attack. My motherly instincts kicked in and I knocked Wesson upside the head with a skillet making him fall out. Kamar was finna kill that nigga but the police got to him first.

He's the reason I got PTSD.

"Where's my fucking phone?" I ask myself.

"Wait- I just got off it." I look at it in my hand.

I was finna call Kamar but Kamar too reckless. He shoot first and think later, I do not want him going back to jail anytime soon.

I could call the police but I'm pretty sure I got warrants out rn, I have several unpaid tickets that I failed to appear for in court.

I go to my closet and stand on my tippy toes to pull the shoe box down. I open it, beneath my kid's old baby clothes is a Glock, I take it out and make sure it's one in the head.

"I got 1 compulsive cheating ass baby daddy, 2 abusive, controlling ones, a white one, 2 complete deadbeats and a gay one too." I mumble to myself, walking to the kitchen to get the last of Kamira's milk.

I hurry back in the room and lock the door. I hear sum glass shattering and gasp.

"Stop hidin bitch." He bangs on the door making me jump and the kids bust out crying.

If he keeps banging I'ma get a noise complaint which could get me evicted. And if the police come, 9/10 I'll get arrested. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"Gat damn! I'm cominggg!" I yell.

"Get the fuck away from the door, I'ma bring him out." I sigh picking up Warrior.

This nigga might hurt me, but he ain't gone hurt Warrior. I know him.

I go to the door and unlock it. He snatches Warrior from me and goes to sit on my bed.

"No the fuck you don't." I scoff.

"Do sumn den." He laughs.

"You got 5 minutes." I scoop Kaleisha up from the bed. Ion want nun of my other kids near him.

"Why he cryin?" He asks looking annoyed.

"He wants you to put em down." I sigh.

"Mommyyy!" He cries reaching for me.

"Give my baby back to me." I reach for him but he stands up with Warrior and turns away.

"This my son, ion give a fuck want he want right now. I'll grow on em." He mugs me.

"He don't want you holding him Wesson, you're gonna traumatize him. He don't even know you." I frown.

"He gone get to know me." He shrugs walking to Kamira's bassinet.

"Get the FUCK away from my daughter!" I shout.

"What nigga you let knock you up dis time?" He sits Warrior down who runs to me.

"I'm so sorry baby, youn know him do you?" I rub his head as he hugs my leg.

"I wan dada." He tells me and Wesson looks at me.

"Who- who the fuck is he talking bout?" He takes a step near me.

"My dad." I lie.

"Yo dad?" He laughs.

"Yes."

"Stop FUCKIN lying!" He screams causing Kamira to wake up, crying.

"Please get out, I do not want to shoot you infronna my babies." I beg.

"You ain't gone shoot shit." He bucks at me.

"You a pitiful nigga." I look at him in disgust.

"Yea aight, I'ma see you later." He comes up to me as I back up.

"Ian gone hurt you, crazy tail self." He kisses my cheek and laughs before leaving.

I let out a heavy ass breath soon as he leaves. Kamar right, I needa get my shit together. I can't even report this without being arrested my damn self.

"It's okay y'all." I bounce Kaleisha on my hip as she screams and cries.

"You okay bubba?" I look down at Warrior.

"I wan dada." He rubs his eyes, sniffling.

"I knoww, just lay down, he'll be back soon." I pat his head.

"I'm coming Mira." I set Kaleisha on my bed too and go to the bassinet.

...

"Why they so happy to see me?" Kamar holds Warrior and rubs his head while Kaleisha lays across his lap asleep.

The other kids in the livingroom and the other room playing and shit.

"Ion know." I mumble, looking down.

He stares at me but I ignore it. I cashed out sum of my last money on fixing the window before he came home.

"Genesis." He says.

"What?" I look up at him causally.

"What chu not telling me?" He asks.

"Don't know whatchu talkin bout." I shake my head and look back at Kamira.

I gently massage her little back as she lays on her belly.

"Um so I need you to help me hide the car til I can catch up on payments. Put it in yo garage and let me drive yo black truck." I request.

"Aight." He agrees.

He reaches over me for the remote and I jump a lil. He looks at me crazy before slowly retracting his hand with the remote in it.

"How's your uncle with the heart problems?" I ask to divert his attention.

"He good, I check up on em every week... what happen to you?" He asks.

"Whatchu mean?" I look at him weird.

"You're jumping. You ain't jumped from me in like 3 years since that nigga was beating yo ass." He looks at me, concerned.

"Maybe it's cuz I forgot to take my medicine today." I shrug.

"You always forget to take yo medicine n be just fine. What changed today?" He persists.

"You get on my nerves. But look, I been in this house almost 24/7 since Mira been born. I need sum fresh air." I massage her feet.

"That's cool, why you dodging the question?" He blinks at me.

"I already told you. Anyways, I wanna start paying off my debts. I gotta start back working at the nail salon and this time, all of my money's going towards getting my shit straight. I think I'ma tell the court I was going into labor and that's why I couldn't make it. It worked last time. I needa get my shit straight." I say.

"Finally. But I'm not gone stop til I figure out what happened." He responds.

"Ain't nun happen Kamar. You blow me with this overthinking shit." I roll my eyes.

𝐁𝐌 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬
©𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐡𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲