XIII

Genesis

"Girl why don't you come to any parties anymore?" Daylona pouts while we sit waiting for our food from El Pollo Loco.

"I got 8 kids. Why would I wanna go to sum ghetto ass party where it smell like ass, bitches getting jumped, niggas getting shot at over dice games, like? I den grew out that phase sis." I shake my head.

"But you still young and you can hire a babysitter for the kids." She shrugs.

"I love dem to death but Daylonaaa be fucking forreal. Last time I watched Kyrie, Karter, and Jevan, they broke my fucking tv and knocked my damn refrigerator door off. Who wanna watch all 8 ah dem?" Lambchop looks at her crazy.

"I know they a handful but like surely it's sum broke teenager that don't know no better." She shrugs.

"I am not leaving my kids wit somebody ion know. Matta fact- ion know why we even talking bout this, I'm watching my own kids, shiid, ian goin nowhere." I check my phone while they talk.

Kamar still ain't replied to me yet. He moved back into his place since I'm more capable of taking care of Kamira by myself. I texted him 3 hours ago.

I sit my phone back down and cross my arms.

He prolly at sum bitch house, I gotchu nigga

"Ouuuuuuuuuu girl don't look to yo left." Lambchop's eyes widen, staring to the left of me.

I snap my neck to the left. I see my ex-friend, Nadera. She fucked with Kamar like 7 years ago, when we was 15, I tried to fight her but she ducked me everytime. It's no smoke with her, that shit old but I still won't ever like the bitch.

"Mannn I almost forgot what she look like." I roll my eyes.

"You know last year her cousin fucked her nigga. That ain't nun but karma." Daylona looks over there too.

Nadera looks at us and her mouth falls open. I look away but she comes to our table.

"Heyyy, it's been so long." She comes up all friendly n shit.

"Mmmhm." Lambchop scratches her neck.

"Uh well how've y'all been?" She asks.

"Splendid." Daylona smiles.

"Good, what bout you?" Lamb asks.

"Oh I been fine. I missed you guys... Gen I-" She starts.

"Genesis." I correct her, quietly.

"Genesis." She smacks her teeth.

"What's up?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I heard you just had another baby, I'm happy for you. I wish I could meet her and the other ones too." She looks down.

"For what?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Just because I miss you and the kids you know? I wish I could be back in y'all lives, that's all." She sighs.

"Bitch you fucked my nigga and tried to set me up to be robbed???" I look at her dumb.

"I'm sorry, that was so long ago tho. Ion even remember how it happened." She frowns.

"I do. You was plotting on him fa months without her noticing. Then you bumped into em with his friends at the club and fucked him in his car. And you tried to get him to help you rob her but he said hell nawl and told Genesis." Daylona recalls sharply.

"It's crazy to fuck yo godchild's dad who was still dating one of yo friends at the time. Then to come back years later wanting to be cool again. Like ian even mad no more, but that's just weird." I say.