Chapter 17

'Tumne Prerna se baat ki?' Moloy asked Rajesh as they sat for lunch. He was eager to make Prerna his daughter-in-law and was more than happy to see Anurag agree to the match. Once Prerna also said yes, he would talk to Mohini and fix everything.

'Abhi tak nahin.' Rajesh lied, knowing if he told Moloy about Prerna's rejection regarding Anurag, he would be disappointed. He wanted to safeguard his friend of the hurt as well as his daughter of a forced relationship. 'Wo aajkal bahut zyada busy rehne lagi hai. Filhal toh Kolkata mein bhi nahin hai, office ke kaam se bahar gayi hai.'

'Acha acha.' Moloy nodded, trying to cover up the disappointment. 'Koi baat nahin, koi jaldi nahin hai.'

'Tumne...Anurag se baat ki?' Rajesh asked, wondering what the Basu boy had to say of this whole situation. If Anurag also said no, he wouldn't have to tell Moloy about Prerna's answer.

'Usne mana nahin kiya.' Moloy said and Rajesh's heart sank. 'Par maine usko bola hai ki hum Prerna ke jawaab ka intezaar karenge.'

Rajesh just nodded and continued eating. How was he to tell his best friend that his own daughter had rejected his son's marriage proposal? With the colorful words Prerna had to say about Anurag, it was clear that she did not like the young man at all. And if the Basus came to know about the same, their ego would definitely be hurt. 

But Rajesh Sharma was not a man who would shackle his daughter in an unwanted marriage with a man she disliked, just for the sake of someone else's feelings. He would face the world's wrath for his daughter's happiness and would not hesitate for even a moment to give his blessings to the man Prerna would fall in love with, that was a promise.

---

If someone had told Prerna two days ago that she would be in the arms of the man she dreamt about every night, she would have laughed and laughed and then cried of laughter. But right now, at 4 am in her hotel room in a stranger city, she found herself locked in Mr. Bajaj's arms yet once again. 

The night had been surreal. The dinner was amazing, their talks were amazing and the man...he was just perfect. Prerna still could not believe she had been on a date with The Rishabh Bajaj and his smiles and laughter still echoed in her heart.

And now, after hours of making sweet and spicy love with him, she was on cloud nine. Looking at his face and goofy smile, she believed he was too.

"What are you thinking about?" He murmured, removing a strand of hair from her face and staring intently into her warm eyes.

"That I cannot believe this is happening...again."

"Well then, I'll say I am on the same boat as you." He said and she frowned, sitting up on her elbow.

"Really? You actually thought this won't happen again?" She asked and he sighed, nodding. "Why? I mean, who would give up an opportunity like this?"

"You flatter me Ms. Sharma." He said and mirrored her sitting position. "But when you left today in the morning, I believed I had messed up."

"Rishabh Bajaj? And mess up? As if!" She scoffed and sat up straight, shaking her head.

"I am a human after all. And I would like to not mess up things with a girl I like." He said and got up as well, as Prerna's ears filled with his words.

"Girl you like? Am I a girl you like?" She asked in a soft voice, feeling like a teenager all of a sudden. Mr. Bajaj looked at Prerna and bit his lip, his face going a very light shade of pink.

"Very much so." He said and gave her a soft peck as she struggled to breath.

"Wow. I can't believe this is happening." She whispered and he smiled.

"I would like to ask you something Ms. Sharma." He said and she nodded, urging him to continue. "What do you want...with this?"

Prerna frowned, not understanding his question.

"I mean, do you want something casual, something secret...or are you looking for a relationship?" He asked a little more clearly, before shrugging. "I don't want to-

"I understand." She said and she really did. They had just slept twice and maybe it was just physical, it would be stupid to rush into things and create problems, especially when their careers were on the line, hers to be specific. "I would fine with keeping this under the wraps. Not because I am scared or anything, just because...it's too early. And as I said before, I really have no expectations. Honestly."

Rishabh could see the truth in Prerna's eyes and despite his usual behaviour, he felt he could trust this woman with her words. The feeling was surreal, and it came and settled in his chest in under a second. He was speechless for a minute as she went to the washroom to change and stood beside the bed, looking at him with her doe eyes.

"Do you want me to leave?" She asked, unaware of what to do now. His eyes snapped up to hers and he pulled her into the bed with him, making her laugh out loud.

"Just give me two minutes, I will be back." He whispered against her lips, before joining his lips to hers for a beautiful kiss and left her reeling in his thoughts.

In a few minutes, he was back in bed with her, as she cuddled against him under the warm blanket.

"So...we are not going to tell anyone about this and stay strictly professional at work." She said, and he nodded.

"And we will go on dates...every da-

"Every day?-

"Why? You don't want to go-

"But every day...zyada nahin ho gaya? Itna-

"Do you not want to see me-

"Stop gaslighting me Mr. Bajaj-

"What Mr. Bajaj, call me Rishabh-

"It's been one day-

"And two nights-

Prerna rolled her eyes before reaching up to his cheeks and grabbing them, kissing him with all her might. His arms snaked around her waist and the night made way for a new dawn.

--

In 4 hours, they were back in Kolkata, same city but under different roofs. The distance was brutal and they had no idea what to do next.

It was probably going to be fun, right?