Chapter 6

The plane landed at the right time and Prerna was eager to get off it. To spend the last few hours in such a closed and close space with Mr Bajaj had wrecked over her senses. It had been torture to sit there, mere inches away from him while she could feel his minuscule stares occasionally.

She didn't know what it was. Was he actually looking at her or was he just looking around? They did have a conversation about the deal and Mr Bajaj had looked quite impressed and happy with Prerna but she could not deny the fact that the smile he had passed towards her had almost choked her. There was a slight soreness between her legs the whole time and she was shocked at her own body betraying her like this.

"What the hell Prerna! Stop thinking like a sex-starved woman!" She shook her head and repeated the mantra in the cramped washroom of the plane. "Why did you leave your vibrator behind when you need it the most, you dumbass!"

And as soon as they touched ground, she rushed out as if she had never seen land.

A car from the hotel was waiting for them and Prerna was the first to sit and buckle the seat belt, securing her betraying body.

She hated what ever was happening with her...she clearly had a huge crush on her megaboss and she was fine with it. Crushes are normal but to be so physically attracted to a man who's older than her was a new. Prerna wondered, if Mr Bajaj dyed his hair black, he would not look a day older than 35 but she had to admit, his salt and pepper hair were beautiful in their own sense. They looked so thick and shiny and she thought how would it feel to slip her thin fingers through them and-

"Prerna!" Her colleague's voice threw her off guard and she sat up straight, almost getting choked by the seat belt in the process and coughing loudly. Her eyes filled with tears as she coughed and the driver gave her a water bottle.

"Yes?" Prerna asked after sipping the cold water.

"Are you okay?" Aditi asked and Prerna nodded. "Main bas yeh puch rahi thi ki wo Zaveri Constructions wali files mail kar di thi na? Rajiv has to go for the meeting in two hours."

"Haan kal raat ko hi kardi thi." Prerna nodded. "I'll inform him."

They soon reached the hotel and went up to their booked rooms. The meeting was next day and they all had just a few hours to rest before preparing for it.

But Prerna's head was not filled with numbers and calculations at the moment, it was instead filled with the images of her megaboss smiling at her and that paved for more images concocting in her mind. Images that were too crude to comprehend and she gasped in shock, surprised at her own mind.

Nonetheless, her hand inevitably went between her legs.

--

Rishabh took a sip of his whiskey as he went through the pages of the third file on his table. The meeting was going to be a success; he knew the owner, Rajiv Malhotra's, desperate attempt to sell his company before his unethical ways to evade tax came to light and the goodwill of his company would be in tatters, rendering the value of his company from hundreds of crores to a few lakhs in just under a week.

And Rishabh had the value of the company at exactly where he wanted it. Not too much that he would be at loss and not too less lest the owner would be suspicious. He knew that Rajiv would negotiate as much as possible, and surprisingly, it was Rishabh's new employee who had given him a brilliant idea on how to purchase the company at a much lesser price than quoted. That way, Rishabh would acquire the business easily.

"Instead of buying the whole company, why don't we buy it piece by piece?" Prerna said suddenly as they sipped on some coffee in the air.

"What do you mean?" Rishabh asked, surprised to see her talk, her nervousness invisible to his eyes.

"Rajiv Malhotra wants to sell his company at 250 crores and the whole business world knows that the price is way too much. It should be around 200 crores." She asked and he nodded. "They also know that Bajaj Infragiant is offering 150 crores to Mr Malhotra and most possibly he will agree to the negotiation, given his delicate situation."

"Yes, we're at a price that'll be profitable for us." Rishabh sipped his coffee but Prerna seemed a little excited to even touch hers.

"What if...we save a lot more?" She said and he was intrigued, motioning her to continue. "So I have thought of something...you can reject the idea but I really think it would work. We'll tell Mr Malhotra that our new price is 100 crores."

"What? He'll never agree to it. And besides, that cost is way too low given the market value." Rishabh shook his head.

"I know but our meeting is still 20 hours away and every hour, the share value of the company is going down. By the time of the meeting, it will be roughly around 200 crores, and if we agree to our current price, he will get the whole amount that his company is valued at. It is kind of a loss, right?"

"Right." Rishabh nodded, surprised as to why didn't he think of that. "So what is your suggestion?"

'"Yes, coming to that." Prerna looked surprised that Mr Bajaj had agreed to what she had said and tried her best to keep her happiness aside. "We quote him 100 crores and he refuses, obviously. We leave without negotiating anymore-

"What? You want us to leave as losers-

"Just listen please!" She almost whimpered and that shut Rishabh up. "We leave and we tell the media that we are not buying Malhotra and Co. The news will instantly come into effect because once people know that Bajaj Infragiant, the company eater, is not buying it...then no one will."

"The company eater?" Rishabh frowned and Prerna shook her head.

"There will be no buyers to the company and Mr Malhotra would be forced to lower the value of the company further in order to sell it. Then we go ahead and purchase the shares through our subsidiary companies and once the company is at its lowest, one of our subsidiaries will buy it. I have calculated and we will get Malhotra and Co. at just 50 crores, saving 100 crores in a go."

Rishabh had never been so impressed by someone so young and that too in such a small period of time. This young woman was beautiful and intelligent and smart and witty...and so heartless. Just like him.

"Won't Malhotra be at a loss?" He had asked a few minutes later and Prerna shrugged.

"He should have thought all that before skipping on his tax. He is a terrible person. My close friend used to work at his company and man, he is freaking rude and just plain a*sshole...oh my God, I am so sorry-

"It's okay." Rishabh smiled a little as he saw her ramble. Her nose and cheeks had gone pink and her eyes were wide and full of anger and boy was he turned on once again.

Rishabh shifted in his otherwise comfortable sofa and shook his head, reminding himself that feeling physically attracted to his employee was a huge no-no. Although his company was not against romantic relationships between colleagues, he had his own rules.

But apparently, something in his lower body disagreed.

"F*ck." He mumbled and shut the file, standing up and looking down at his dumbass boner. "Wrong timing brother."

He spent the next half hour in an ice cold shower.