Chapter 1

"This is not good." Moloy Basu, owner and founder of Basu Publications sat frustrated in his office with umpteen files open on his desk. "This is not good at all."

"Baba, I know this looks bad." Nivedita looked at the files in front of her. "Par please, humein 6 mahine dijiye, we'll earn our losses-

"Kaise de du?" Moloy shook his head. "Anurag ki jaldbaazi ki wajah se itna loss ho gaya humein, wo bhi sirf ek saal mein! How are you going to earn back profits worth a year in six months? Maine kaha tha tumhe ki usey responsibility mat do abhi, he's too young-

"Baba, I trusted him-

"Business is not run with trust alone, it's run with experience too Nivi!" Moloy sighed. "Ye bahut mehenga padega humein aur main meri company iss tarah barbaad nahin hone dunga."

"I am sorry Baba." Anurag stood there with his head down. "Mujhe sach mein laga tha ki ye deal profitable hogi-

"Business gut feelings par nahin chalaya jata Anu. We use research, statistics and analyses." Moloy explained in a frustrated tone. "But it is too late now. Jab maine kaha tha, tab toh kisi ne nahin suna. Par ab, you'll have to listen to me."

"What are you thinking Baba?" Nivedita asked, worry taking over.

"I am taking Basu Publications public." He announced and his children gasped.

"Nahin Baba, it's not the right decision-

"Don't tell me what is the right decision Anurag!" Moloy shouted.

"Baba, going public is risky. It's expensive and ye...this is our family business-

"Nivi." Moloy stopped his daughter. "My decision is final. Maine Rajesh se discuss kar lia hai and this is the best option for us to raise capital and expand the business, hopefully."

"Rajesh Uncle se discuss kar lia matlab?" Anurag shook his head angrily. "Baba, unhe kya fark padega agar humara family business public ho gaya toh-

"Exactly. He gave me a neutral opinion, which is what I wanted-

"Baba please. I beg of you." Nivedita joined her hands. "Give me six months, main khud wo deal dekhungi and I will make sure that we recover every penny. Please. And if I fail, I promise, aapke decision ke khilaaf nahin jaungi."

"I'll give you seven months. One month extra." Moloy stood up and took his coat. "Not a day more than that."

"Thank you-

"Aur Anu." Moloy looked at his son. "Inn saat mahinon mein, you're not to step into the office. Apni padhai par dhyaan do."

"Ji Baba." Anurag nodded as his father left for home. 

On the other side of the city, a man sat on his balcony, crafting intricate mud pots on a potter's wheel with his bare hands. His forearms were slick with the wet clay as his thick fingers shaped a bowl on the spinning wheel. Dark tattoos were hidden under the light brown mud and his white tshirt was smudged with spots but he remained unknown to it, his eyes focused on giving the utensil it's shape.

"Sir." His assistant called his boss.

"Yes Mehra?" He asked, his hands slowly taking out the now finished bowl off from the wheel.

"The deal was a failure. The Basus incurred a loss of seventeen crores in six months." Mr Mehra informed. "Moloy Basu has given his daughter seven months to recover or he will-

"Make his business public." Rishabh Bajaj said and Mehra nodded. "They don't know that their deadline is not seven months. It is one month. Starting from today."

"Yes Sir." Mehra nodded and stood there, looking away.

"Kuch aur Mehra?" Rishabh asked and Mehra nodded.

"Sir wo...finance department mein internships open thi-

"So?" Rishabh asked as he cleaned himself up.

"Toh ek ladki ki application aayi hai, she's quite qualified-

"Then what's seems to be the problem?" He asked and Mehra cleared his throat.

"Sir, aap humesha kehte hain ki logon ko kaam unki kaabiliyat dekh kar dena chahiye and she's the most qualified of all our candidates but-

"But?" He asked and Mehra gave him a file.

"Wo Rajesh Sharma ki beti hai. Aur Rajesh Sharma Moloy Basu ke financial head-

"Mehra." Rishabh gave the file back to Mr Mehra. "Wo kiski beti hai usse fark nahi padta. She's good for the job so hire her."

"But Sir, agar usey pata chal gaya ki aap Basus ko-

"Doesn't matter. Pata bhi chal gaya toh kya hoga? She'll warn them?" Rishabh chuckled. "It's too late for them anyways."