Chapter 27

"I cannot believe this." Moloy shook his head as his wife gave him a shocking news. "Prerna aisa nahin kar sakti!"

"Tumhein kya pata wo kya kar sakti hai aur kya nahin?" Mohini shrugged and sipped on her morning tea. "Mrs. Mehta ne mujhe khud bataya...she's having a full blown affair-

"Mrs. Mehta ne khud dekha?" Nivedita asked her Mom and Mohini sighed.

"Kisi na kisi ne toh dekha hi hoga na, ye sab baatein apne aap nahin phailti-

"Exactly Mom, these are just rumours...and anyway, humein kya lena dena?" Nivedita grumbled while eating her breakfast. 

"Humein kya lena dena? Hum usey Basu Badi ki bahu banane ja rahe the-

"Haan, I remember how excited you were to bring her home." Moloy smirked and Mohini rolled her eyes. 

"What the hell?" Anurag's shocked voice echoed in the hall as he entered the dining area. "Prerna Sharma shaadi kar rahi hai...wo bhi ek buddhe ke saath?"

"Language Anurag!" Moloy almost shouted and Anurag just laughed in response.

"Haan, lack of manners aapko sirf apne bacchon mein nazar aati hai, dekh lo, aapki favourite Prerna kya gulchharre udaa rahi hai-

"Shut up Anurag!" Moloy screamed and shook his head. "I don't believe this rumor."

 "Aapke believe karne yaa na karne se kuch nahin hoga...it's the truth. Ab samajh aaya usne mera proposal kyun reject kardiya, after all, she had a bigger fish to catch!" Anurag grumbled with disgust in his tone. "Aur ab toh shaadi bhi ho rahi hai, wah!"

Mohini frowned and shook her head.

"Shaadi? Naa naa, shaadi-waadi ki baat kahan se aa gayi?" She put down her tea cup. "Uska affair hi chal raha hai-

"Aapne news nahin dekhi?" Anurag asked and everyone shook their heads. He sighed and gave them their phone, pulling up a fresh article that was published just five minutes ago.

Business Mogul Rishabh Bajaj Ready To Tie The Knot?

One of India's richest businessmen, THE Rishabh Bajaj, is finally ready to get hitched with his long time girlfriend and it comes as a shock to almost everyone that the couple was able to hide their relationship for so long, given the tycoon is always in the news.

A spokesperson from his team confirmed the news this morning, "Mr. Bajaj and his girlfriend finally got engaged after he proposed to her last night and are set to get married very soon. The couple would like to celebrate this wonderful occasion in the privacy of their close friends and family, and shares this joy with the world. We understand there was a rumor of his alleged affair and we would like to ask the public to respect the news. Thank you! "

So who is this lucky woman who snatched the heart of this silver fox? According to our sources, Prerna Sharma is one of his employees but the couple had started dating years earlier, when they had met at a business convention. Not much is known about this young lady, apart from the fact that she has surely  broken the hearts of many fan girls of Rishabh Bajaj.

We congratulate the couple!

"What the hell?" Mohini screamed in shock and felt her head spin.

Rishabh Bajaj?

The Rishabh Bajaj?

Prerna was f*cking THAT Rishabh Bajaj and now...Mohini felt like throwing up.

That's why he looked so similar? That's why she felt she had seen him somewhere? Of course, he appeared in all the business magazines that appeared in Basu Badi and she had seen his face hundreds of times! How the hell did she not recognize him?

Oh God...what had she done? She had just exposed his affair, an affair he surely was hiding very well, and she had gone out and told the entire world about it. If he learns it was her...she would be a dead woman. He would kill her and then bring her back to life...and then kill her again.

"Mom? Kya hua?" Anurag frowned and Mohini felt her throat dry up. Shaking her head, she left the dining hall and almost ran up to her bedroom.

---

"Wow." Shivani looked impressed as she scrolled her phone. "Itne saare articles already?"

"News travels fast. Especially news like this." Rishabh smirked and shrugged.

"Ek baat puchu?" She asked and he nodded. "Aapne ye kyun likhwaya...ki aap aur Di date kar rahe the already?"

"The public can be really vile Shivani. They don't understand a mutually consented relationship...they make it seem really dirty, you know what I mean." He said and she nodded. "Agar main ye nahin karta toh wo Prerna ko respect nahin karte. I want ki sabko bura lage...ki unhone ek relationship ko expose kardiya and khush ho ki finally humaari shaadi ho rahi hai. Samjhi?"

"Hmm...thoda thoda." Shivani nodded and proceeded to read the articles.

Rishabh looked around the hall with a smile. He could see Prerna's parents in the kitchen, preparing something. They had changed their clothes, donned in a new kurta and a brighter saree, looking quite happy. Happier than he had expected, any way.

The moment he had decided to marry Prerna was a moment of clarity. When she had run into his arms, without a care in the world, she had seeked his protection and care and he, unknowingly, had already given it to her.  There was no question, no doubt in his head. 

This was the woman he was going to marry. 

She was a strong woman who knew what she wanted and still, fought for her family's happiness. He knew, if her parents had opposed, she would have never said yes to him and would have silently faced the society's wrath, just for sake of her parents and he respected the hell out of her.