Chapter 2

Before living a ridiculous life in the BL world, she was a newcomer to society who was considered quite good at her work.

There was a reason why she heard good things even if she didn’t have any particularly outstanding abilities. It wasn’t like she was praising herself, but she was good at talking.

They said she was good at opening her mouth.

It was pretty effective to flatter the superiors between compliments and realistic evaluation. Even if her face wasn’t very beautiful, she received a plus score again if she smiled brightly.

Thanks to this, even if she sneaked out saying that she was busy while others were working overtime, she wasn’t hated.

The driving force behind her harsh working life was by far a BL novel. When she read something when she commute to and from work, she would cover it with her hair, checking to see if there was anyone around who was looking at her screen when something pleasant and satisfying came up.

But an interesting and hot novels were good to read, who said she wanted to live there?

When she suddenly became a 16-year-old Beta girl in the BL world, Edith’s goal became similar to her original world as she found no way back and became aware of the reality that she has no choice but to live in it.

[tnote keyword=”Let’s just be in the middle”]Wanting to live comfortably without greed like an enlightened person. Prefer to be at the middle level in all fields, including academic background and occupation, and just want to be normal.[/tnote]. Let’s not run away. Let’s live roughly.

No matter when she thought about it, it was truly a gem-like motto.

Perhaps because of her undesirable values, no one noticed that she came from another world while living here for four years and adapting to the environment.

In fact, Edith didn’t get much attention from her family.

Her family was a duke, but had no money. Her father spent half of the family fortune on useless business, couldn’t get out of the mental shock, fell into alcohol and gambling, then spent the remaining half wealth.

When she was just adjusting to the strange world, her father wore the same clothes every day and went to the gambling house, and her mother had no choice but to leave their home with Edith’s brother because her body became weak.

While she was learning from an incompetent tutor and encountered new culture at the Academy, her family slid to the brink. Eventually, she had forced to start making money.

This was a process in which Edith being forced to manage because she couldn’t avoid it as it was part of the original story.

Edith had no complaints about having to make a living for herself.

It was a pity that even in a book, her life was crushed like reality. However it was fortunate that she safely commissioned in the place she applied through the academy.

But the problem started there.

She was obviously supposed to work in the Ministry of Government Affairs, which was responsible for the Empire’s public affairs….

Why, how, for what reason, should she go to the Crown Prince Clyde’s palace?

‘This is a little… It feels like my life is twisted.’

When she entered the Imperial Palace’s main gate, she sighed deeply enough to let her lungs pass through her throat as she had to go straight ahead and enter the magnificent arched hall entrance rather than the shabby office annex on the right.