Chapter 20

Clyde has consistently taken inhibitors to reduce the pheromone he emits indefinitely and control his condition. But it didn’t work very well. The strong Alpha nature was in a state of beating the drug.

‘In a word, it means that he is suffering alone. That guy, he’s very stubborn.’

Edith grumbled inside, calling the Crown Prince a stubborn fellow.

Although she has been in this world for several years, the class system has not yet been rooted in Edith’s stereotypes.

Clyde was only a man a year older than her. The perception that he was a prince of high status was superficially learned, and it was unlikely she would accept it with her heart.

‘You just need to have one dominant Omega by your side. Is it that hard?’

She complained for nothing because she was worried about him.

However, she stretched her imagination further to understand Clyde’s stubbornness.

Perhaps when Omega was selected to resolve the Crown Prince’s lust, the opponent might likely become a strong candidate for the Crown Princess.

Anyone would have known what would happen when an Omega was out in a closed bedroom. It was too easy for Clyde to have an unwanted event. Any Omega would accept the Crown Prince with great gratitude.

It made some sense when she recalled the time when he couldn’t accurately discern in the maze garden. The reason for being stubborn might be to prevent unexpected mishaps.

‘Well, it must be difficult. He can’t bring any omega into the bedroom.’

It was also a pity that she could accept his decision in her heart.

The next day in the attendant’s office, someone came to call Edith while she was wasting her time.

Come up to the Crown Prince’s bedroom.

She couldn’t ask the messenger if it was okay, but she had to hide her confusion and obey the order.

There were several physicians and attendants in the bedroom, including a physician who had just finished medical treatment. The doctor’s expression darkened in the subdued atmosphere.

Clyde’s feisty voice could be heard from the inside of the thick veiled bed.

“Take down the veil and leave. You don’t have to snoop around here because my attendant will take care of me and help me.”

“Your Highness, this is not the time to take care of government affairs. We need Omega right now.”

“You keep trying to cross the line. Hmm–”

It was obvious that he was annoyed even without looking at it. The tone and hoarse voice showing an extremely low-pressure state represented that Clyde’s physical condition wasn’t normal.

All but Edith were forced to step down.

The attending physician took advantage of the hustle of the veil being rolled over and glanced at Edith. Then he came closer and lowered his voice.

“You’re a Beta, so it looks like he wants to keep you around. I must say that it’s better than being alone.”

As expected, Clyde was reluctant to bring Omega into the bedroom.

“Ah… so that’s the situation.”

The doctor urged her after her brief sigh.

“His Highness may run rampant. At that time, be sure to call someone even if His Highness doesn’t order you.”